Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Starting a Vegan Raw lifestile,what will be good for my serious first shopping list????

malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

Can someone help me get the basic things to start a totally raw lifestyle.

I will send my husband to wholefoods and the produce store. I'm open and willing to eat anything and try everything.(RAW)

I need like a list of the basic raw for starters.

Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• All of your favourite kinds of fruit, by the pound...and some salad greens. (Don't forget oranges, they're the best salad dressing!)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I second that! And don't forget some yummy non-sweet fruits, like tomatoes and cukes!

Swayze

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Yes, all of the ripe (or soon to be ripened) fruit and greens you could want!

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

alight...I have to help anyone that might be considering the raw lifestyle because it's so awesome. So here it goes. This is our grocery list for 2 people that lasts us roughly 5-6 days. It was $100.

2 Pineapples (2 for 3)

5 lbs carrots

hazlenut milk for my coffee :)))) it keeps me sane

coffee (our non raw splurge)

pumpkin seeds

raisins

pecans (for nut meat dishes/spaghetti dishes)

sunflower seeds

pistachios

dates

figs

turnips

nutritional yeast

apples $6 - 1.50lb

parnips (great for rice like dishes)

young coconuts - 3

melons - 1

6 avocados

4 organic mangos

onions

yams

cucumber

oranges

spinach

peppers

garlic cloves

broccoli

parsley

cluster tomatoes

roma tomatoes

plums

bananas

organic strawberries

and two clif nectar cacao bars for a treat!

Hope this helps! If you need recipe help, let me know :)

• malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

WAO!!! you guys ROCK!!! This is the perfect list for a Vegan raw family. Thanks so much,can't wait to go to the store with my husband. Some of this i don't know them,but will meet and eat them soon!!!! I'm planning on copying some recepies from the site and try them at least once or twice a week.

Very Excited!! God Bless!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Produce - I eat what's in season and available at the farmers' market, so that totally depends. I also get most nuts and olive oil from the FM. The only produce I can't find at the market is usually

Ginger

Garlic

Mushrooms

Bananas (we go in and out with these, DH thinks they upset his stomach these days)

Lemons, when I can't get them at the FM

Dates

Young Thai coconuts (cheap at the Asian grocery store)

Other stuff -

Flax seeds

Cashews

Pine nuts

Pumpkin seeds

Sunflower seeds

Goji berries

Pink salt

Agave syrup

Nama shoyu

Apple cider vinegar

Nori sheets (I buy them online, although the bigger, fancier Whole Foods now carries raw nori)

Dulse

Nutritional yeast

Tahini

Almond butter

Frozen fruits - pineapple, strawberries, blueberries

• lol wow! You got it all discovered. Potatoes, gluten free pizza, dairy free frozen yogurt- Not raw vegan or atleast don.t consume on a raw vegan lifestyle!

Right on though :)

• This weeks shopping:

1 case of bananas (40lbs) ($24.50)

1 Case of champagne grapes (18lbs) ($33)

1 Case of blueberries (12pints[-3 pints sold to friend]) ($25/9pint)

1 Case of peaches (60 peaches) ($25)

1/2 Case of strawberries( 4lbs) ($11)

25lbs of mango :) ($50 shipped from Taylors Tropicals. FInd him at 30bananasaday.com great produce!)***

**$1/lb for mangoes, after shipping worked up to be around $2/lb)

Greens from my and my friends gardens. A whole lots of them.

Cukes from my garden

Tomatoes from my garden

Pretty soon I will have 1500 lbs of melons growing from my garden WAHOOOO!!

and ohyea

80/10/10 by Dr. Douglas Graham. Don't get started on the starve yourself diet, educate yourself :)

With love

J

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Hey TOL, how are those organic mangoes from Taylor? I've never had that variety before and have no idea what they taste like.

Swayze

• I'm glad that we've helped you and that you are so excited Malchusmom! Let us know how your first week of raw goes, which foods you have decided to buy and which recipes you've tried! :-)

• I BASICALLY BUY THE SAME FOODS EVERYTIME I GO SHOPPING, SO I COMPILED A LIST OF ALL THE FOODS I EAT, PRINTED OUT SOME COPIES AND USE A HIGHLIGHTER MARKER TO SELECT THE ITEMS I WANT TO BUY FOR THAT TRIP (of course I don't buy EVERYTHING on this list EVERYTIME I go shopping...I'd be a broke sistah ha ha ha!) EVERYTHING ON THIS LIST IS NOT RAW, BUT I HOPE THIS HELPS TO GIVE YOU A GUIDE TO FOLLOW. DECIDE ON WHICH RECIPES YOU WILL FOLLOW, AND GET OUT YOUR HIGHLIGHTER PEN...HAPPY SHOPPING!

Standard Grocery List

Approximate relative potential of acidity (-) or alkalinity (+) in 1 oz.

VEGETABLES & ROOTS

Greens: kale, spring mix, mache, romaine, green leaf, Boston, spinach, collards, lamb

• This month I have been focusing on my health and searching for info on nutrition and to my wonderful surprise I happen upon the trail of Raw and all it's glory. I am so excited to begin eating a Raw diet. I am not able to go shopping again until the 1st of April but for March I had bought many fruits and veggies as I just love them so I am eating as healthy as I can for now. I cut out the soda pop, sugar and bread. I want to thank everyone for their posts to one another because by reading them it has given me insight on how to start my journey (officially on the first) and I have gathered many fun recipes I can't wait to try.

Loads of love! AnneMae

• Thanks everyone

I was going to go shopping this morning and was wondering what to buy, now I have a better idea of what to get.

This is day 13 for me, so I am quite new to this as well.