What Kind of Juicer Do You Have, And What Do You Use It For?

masticating versus centrifugal juicer, juicing hard root veggies versus soft fruits and greens, using your juicer to make other stuff besides juice, how much pulp and what do you use it for ....

I would like to get a juicer. Advice appreciated! I want to make a lot of green/ vegetable juice mainly.

Comments

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

I use my vitamix and strain it through a nut mylk/sprouting bag. Saves on buying one more appliance.

• I use an Omega 8003. Everyday I juice greens, wheatgrass, carrots, apples, celery, beets, zucchini, and cucumbers. I find it to be a wonderful all around juicer. It is not too heavy to move around, looks fine sitting out, and the price is right. I had saved up for a much more expensive juicer but ultimately, the really simple clean up sold me on this one. It takes just seconds to rinse everything off. I knew from my first centrifugal juicer that if it took more than a few seconds for clean up, I'd never use it. I'm really happy with it. You don't see it talked about much in the raw community, likely noone is making a commission off it. Maybe I should become a dealer:).

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

don't get a jack la lanne. it wont juice any greens that i put through it. i've tried doing the fruits and veggies in different orders to get more juice, and it still won't give me any.

• After doing a lot of research, I too decided on the Omega. It cut my juicing time in half - and all things considered, is easy enough to clean.

• I have a Champion Juicer which juices everything, although I have not tried it for berries yet, makes nut butters, homogenizes, and maintains close to 75% of the enzyme content because it is a masticating juicer...very important, but is very bulky and heavy and cost me a little under $200 brand new on e-bay....but came with a warranty

I also have a Hamilton Beach Wide Mouth juicer which is light-weight, eaasy to clean, easy to handle, makes delicious juices, juices everything, only cost me $50, but doesn't maintain as high of an enzyme content because it is a centrifugal juicer

Whichever you choose, I recommend that you select the black color so that you won't have juicer stains showing up on your machine. It's just looks better.

Here is more information, so you can judge for yourself:

JUICER COMPARISON INFO: http://hacres.com/diet/articles/Juice_Extr_Comp_2007.pdf

DETAILED JUICER COMPARISON INFO: http://www.hacres.com/diet/articles/juice_extractor_comparison.pdf

• Thanks everyone! Great information.

LOL Kendra-- re: juice stains! Never would have thought of that, but I agree, I wouldn't like that either.

• I have K&K triturator and press (2 separate pieces). Best way to get the most juice. I used maybe half or two-thirds of the vegetables used during a recent visit to a juice bar, and got the same amount of juice. They haven't been made for a while, but it looks like they are starting up again. There are some alternatives. You can grind using the Champion, and I've read about a couple of other presses - one is Welles.

/