Hi! I'm Shannon! :]

Well, let's see. I went vegetarian about 2 1/2 years ago, vegan a year ago, and I'm now looking into going more raw. Technically, I AM raw because more than 60% of the food I consume is raw, but that's besides the point. I'm aiming for 90-95% raw, with the hope that I will one day make that great achievement of becoming 100% raw.

Anyway, I'm 16 and I live in Plum Island, MA and I'm looking forward to meeting some new great people online here. I know I'm going to need a lot of support getting into "raw mode". I'm interested in all kinds of fitness; lately a lot of running, walking, and biking, but I love learning all new kinds of things (like yoga and tai chi).

Message me if you'd like to talk! :D

Comments

• Hello Shannon =)

I'm new here so its nice to meet you im glad your planning to eat more raw foods yay for you!!! =D

I'm 17 btw

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

Hi Shannon!

I'm also 16 and I live in Boston. It's nice to meet you and welcome to gone raw :)

• Hi welcome! I'm from the Boston area also. Yay Massachusetts! You should check out meetup groups and see what raw food groups are near you. I'm a huge fan of yoga. When combined with raw foods, meditation, and chanting, yoga really helps complete the package!

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

rawsaysrita- Are you apart of the Boston Raw Food Meetup Group? They have a meetup at Grezzo coming up that I was actually planning on going to.

• LaEnsalada- No, just joined the group that meets in Merrimac, MA because it's closer. Haven't actually been home long enough this summer to attend anything. I will join the Boston group too though! I'm actually not back from the west coast until September but I would love to go to the September 12th meetup at Rawbert's Organic Cafe. I have been dying to go to Grezzo again...especially during the lunchtime for good prices : )

• Hi Shannon! Welcome :) Congratulations on starting what will seriously be an amazing journey. Make sure to ask questions (even the gross ones) and EAT, EAT, EAT, especially if you're active!

Your body will thank you in ways you never thought possible. Try not to get too caught up in the overload of information in your first few weeks - it can be daunting! x