Eye Twitching

joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

Okay. For the last 4 days, my right eyelid has been twitching after 2 o' clock. I don't understand why it's doing this! I've been wearing contacts for about 6 years and have never had a problem with them. What could be the problem? I know this is totally random, but I hope you guys can help me. I'm gonna schedule an eye appointment if it doesn't go away.

Thanks!!

Comments

• In one of his books David Wolfe says that after being raw for a number of years his vision just cleared one day - he feels at least one reason for poor eyesight being crystalline deposits in the fine capillaries that feed the eyes, and when our bodies detox, the body is eventually able to clear those deposits so that we can see normally again.

I've been raw for 5 years solid now and a couple of years ago I felt I don't want to wear contacts anymore. They just didn't feel like a natural thing to do. So I wear glasses, and try to wear them as little as possible.

My vision has already improved from what it was, I've had my glasses adjusted to a smaller number twice already. My eyesight was nearly -3 and now my glasses are around -1.5.

There are also books on improving your vision naturally with eye improving exercises etc.

So, in summary: maybe try taking the contacts off for a while and see what happens......

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Joannabanana, I occasionally have a twitchy eyelid, but never bothered to investigate to see why. Your thread prompted me to do a wee bit of research (very wee, I might add). According to all the links I checked out a twitchy eyelid is usually a sign of stress. It could indicate a need to rest from reading, looking at a computer screen, caffeine, fatigue, squinting, etc.

In addition to the above, About.com suggests "To relieve an eye twitch, try applying warm compresses to the twitching eye and gently massaging the eyelid with your fingers."

• I don't know if this helps but I've heard compresses help and drinking water. When my eye twitches occasionally it means I need to drink water.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Many people believe that eye twitches signify a nutritional deficiency; I've heard magnesium, vitamin d, and iron deficiencies can lead to eye twitching. Maybe trying a high-nutritional-density food like spirulina and/or seaweed could help? I find I get twitches when I haven't gotten enough sleep, but that doesn't sound like your situation.

Seeing an eye doctor is probably a good idea if it doesn't go away shortly.

• jennyr3058jennyr3058 Raw Newbie
    edited December 2022

I have always heard from my mom that eye twitching signifies some health deficiencies like vitamins may be.