Weird period

AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ok so I don't remember me posting last month about having light periods since being raw.

So this is this time again when I'm supposed to get my period. Last month my period was shorter than normal and lighter. I'm on birth control pills so my period is pretty regular and comes 2 days after my last pill of the pack. So I usually get my period late Monday or Tuesday. Now it's Wednesday and I still haven't gotten it. I spotted a tiny tiny tiny little bit yesterday afternoon and a bit after I woke up, but nothing else. I am bloated and I "feel" like my period is coming but there is nothing. You know that feeling, when you keep having to check because you think that it has started? But no bleeding, no discharge, nothing.

Comments

• I would also be interested in an answer to this question, I have the exact same issue. I have only had one period so far this year and a little bit of spotting yet I have been getting stomach cramps and bloating around that time of the month.

• I am also experiencing PMS symptoms on a monthly basis without bleeding, since April. Very curious. I have been 50-100% raw for 2+ years and definitely notice correlation between high raw and absence of bleeding while still experiencing monthly PMS symptoms such as bloating, cramping, lower back ache, depression, etc. Due to history of anorexia, I become concerned when I miss periods (a red flag for MDs). But my weight seems stable these days, maybe a bit lower weight through the hot months of summer, which seems natural and appropriate to me. Would love to hear more feedback from women on this.....

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

So now it's Friday and I still haven't gotten my period, so I'm assuming that it will not be coming. It would usually be done by now. My question is, should I start a new pack of Birth Control Pills on Sunday, as I would usually do after my period? Or should I wait to see if it will come? Will it screw something up to start a new pack if I didn't get my period?

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

You haven't had it yet. Your still bloated. It's coming. If you don't take the birth control pills, you could get pregnant.....I love that show on Discovery "I didn't know I was pregnant."

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Still nothing! Wow that's weird. I take birth control pills, but took 4 pregnancy tests (just in case) and they all came up negative. I have an appointment with my doctor on the 31st so I can ask her what she thinks is "wrong". I'm still geting cramps, bloating, breast swollen and back ache, but no period. Weird!

• This is really interesting to me, because my periods have not really changed all that much and Ive been raw for a year and 8 months.

What do you all eat, or not eat? What is your cleansing routine like, if you have one?

Thanks!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I usually begin my day with a workout (about 1.5hrs)

breakfast: 1 cantaloupe, 1/4 watermelon & 1 cup of berries

lunch: sometimes the same as breakfast or 5 peaches & 1lbs strawberries

snack: 2 apples & 1 Tbsp almond butter

dinner: large salad with a lot of different vegetables, seawead, 1/2 avocado, 1 mango

snack: either fruit or rice crackers

This is an average day, but it can differ from day to day. Lately I've been having some cooked foods during the week, like bread and some cheese. Sometimes I exercise more, like 2-3 hrs a day, but average is 1.5 hrs.

I don't have a cleansing routine, but I do go to the bathroom 4 times a day (I don't know if that makes a difference).

• Thanks AVL, wow 1.5 hour workout, that's great! (you're a prof athlete right?)

I do Pilates 2-3 times a week for about half hour, I absolutely love it. As far as impact on my period, in the past I used to do high energy aerobic exercise every day that didn't make a difference in my period.

Here's my typical 100% organic raw day for the last couple months: (I'm also salt and added sweetener-free)

Breakfast- grapes, strawberries, orange, banana

Snack- banana

lunch- salad with mixed greens, seaweed (nori or dulse), 1/2 avocado, carrots, tomato, celery

snack- grapes

dinner- nori roll with avocado/tomato/assorted veggies -or- another salad like lunch -or- fruit

I 'go' about 3 times a day and don't do any special cleanses, though in the past Ive done the salt-water flush.

I'm curious to see other posters' diet/exercise/cleanse routines to see if there is any common denominator!