Itching Scar

ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

About a month and a half ago I cut myself pretty deep, was after I took a shower so skin was all soft and cut my back from the edge of a window, it cured all well and with no problems but for the last two weeks the remaining scar starting itching, not hysterically but still can be annoying from time to time, anyone got any idea on what can be good to sooth the area? also any idea why is it itching in the first place? the scar already fully healed so I find it a bit strange.

Comments

• Perhaps it appears to be fully healed but in fact it isn't? Just a thought since itching is usually a sign of healing.

I would doubt this since you say it is healed, but is the scar raised at all? If so, it could be a keloid scar. I have had two of these for several years and they still itch all of the time.

• Itching could be a sign of not fully healing or just that your skin needs some rejuvination (getting rid of dead skin cells and releasing toxins) I've been looking into essential oils lately for my scars...lavender, jajoba, tea tree, sandalwood, patchouly, etc..all good oils for healing the skin. I found some products that combine some of these oils together, but they are $$ so I am just using what I already have (tea tree for antiseptic and jajoba to moisturize) on my scars and my new cuts and bug bites. Hopefully it helps!

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Maybe your right, I'm no skin expert but from the outside it seems pretty healed, its just a tiny bit raised, but no more then any other scar, I guess it will smooth out in a few months, that's how it usually happens(I've got tons of scars, always finding new ways to hurt myself), I'll get some oils next time I'm at the health store, yesterday started using shea butter which also contains avocado oil, orange peel oil and lemon oil, I'll see how it works.

• It could be your body still healing, Ive read comments on people having their skin start peeling "almost like a sunburn" after going on raw food diet lifestyle, they found it to be their skin renewing itself and clearing up scarring, maybe theres still some scar tissue you can not see or your body is trying to push something out.

Try some aloe vera gel, dry skin brushing over the area and or msm powder with vitamin C taken internally or used topically in a lotion.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

11:11 make a wish. my bet is that your raw food is healing your scar, same as everybody thinks i guess. oooo let us know if it heals completely :) i'm curious.

• I am curious as well. You can always try anything with hydrocortozone in it, which stops the itch instantly. Just a tiny amount is all you need.

Marilyn

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Well just an update to anyone who is interested, Shea butter and some essential oils did a really good job, though it still itches a bit from time to time, the scar has a really strong dark purple color, guess I cut myself deeper then I thought, though my skin seems to have entered a regenerative boom lately, lots of dry dead skin just comes off and new beautiful skin is coming out, I wonder if it will effect this scar as well, thanks for all the advices.

"It could be your body still healing, Ive read comments on people having their skin start peeling "almost like a sunburn" after going on raw food diet lifestyle, they found it to be their skin renewing itself and clearing up scarring, maybe theres still some scar tissue you can not see or your body is trying to push something out."

Exactly same here, I've got some older scars that seem to kinda smooth out, slowly blending into the skin, my feet are crazy, they are completely peeling off its scary, and this never happened to me, raw power :P.