Does anyone know a good NUT-FREE cookie recipe?

Hi!!

I am trying to find a nut-free cookie recipe. Are these usually made with seeds instead? I wanted something that is not as heavy and thick as the nut based cookies we usually see.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• you could use some kind of powder. like spiralina, chia seeds & flax seeds formed together with some kind of base? Maybe mixed with some raw cacoa powder or carob powder ...

crap..that sounds good lol.

*runs to kitchen*

• amberablueamberablue Raw Newbie

hey lily loo: i've been making raw cookies using buckwheat for a long time...absolutely no nuts. .and funny you should ask, i finally found the ingredient to perfect the recipe. takes like 3 minutes!

it's:

buckwheat sprouts (use 4/5's for processing with ingredients, and add 1/5 after to keep more 'body' in the cookie)

honey/agave (you could use dates too, but i usually eat them before i can make anything!)

coconut oil * optional but really makes it taste 'baked'

salt

1 banana (this is the ingredient i wasn't adding. it made the cookies taste moist and much more like baked cookies, like if you used eggs or things like that)

ground flaxseed * optional

add: cocoa powder or cinnamon or whatever flavor you are in the mood for.

process in food processor.

add remaining amount of buckwheat sprouts, mix.

roll 'chunky' like a drop cookie (not too flat) for best results. if you want a crisper cookie, then DO roll flat!

i don't always dehydrate mine for too long, they are taste best just dried out on the edges and i usually can't wait it out that long!!! add more honey/agave if drying out longer...

have fun!

• Amber: that sounds amazing. I'm going to have to try it the first chance I get.

• delalunadelaluna Raw Newbie

amberablue - this does sound delish~ how long did you dehydrate it for?

• Rawaholic, I do the exact same thing, minus the apricots. And it's delicious. :D

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Def going to make those buckwheat cookies - thanks for sharing!

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

I've made one that uses oak grouts, raisins and some other ingredients. I will have to try and find the recipe for you and post it. All I know is I remember it being VERY good. Could hardly believe the cookies were raw.