Thrush in Mouth

macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

I went to the doctor yesterday because I have enlarged bumps on the back of my tongue and it hurts to swallow. I

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

hmm i used to get thrush A LOT when i took steroids (advair and albuterol). i quit using them because i was constantly getting prescribed that gross yellow medicine i think you're talking about. the medicine did get rid of it, but i wanted it to end permanently. i haven't had it since i stopped taking medicine, though.

i really don't know a natural way to get rid of it though. i'm thinking you should just eat fruit and veggies for now. i've had no problems with eating like that. the sugar content in the fruit shouldn't matter. i eat SOOO much fruit (lately 13-15 bananas a day), melons, berries, and grapes and haven't had a thrush flair up in a while.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

How high is your fat intake? Excess fat allows the sugar you consume from fruits to stay in the bloodstream for too long. This allows the candida numbers to flourish instead of dieing off like they should, leading to thrush.

I would completely eliminate overt fats until your symptoms are gone. You might even want to fast for 1-2 days.

Hope that helps,

Swayze

• macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

Thanks joanna and swayze.

I do eat avocados - at least 1/week. I also have a nut day maybe 1 day per week. It figures though because I ate a nut cheese with my salad last night plus a handful of raw cashews, pistachios, and almonds! It was wonderful, but I'll try laying off for a while.

I just wish I knew exactly why this came on. Most of the info I see online refers to a weakened immune system and that bothers me.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

out of curiosity, what does consuming D.E. do? I've never heard of that before.

• hey, it looks obvious to me that it's not fruit thats the problem...bread and wine!!!!? it sounds like symptoms of candida overgrowth. there is yeast in bread and wine. i can't say anything about the oil pulling or d.e. but maybe the it's all just a big fight in your system?

• Luxdivon- DE = diatomaceous earth "Plus, I also bought diatomaceous earth and have been taking that for the last 2 or so weeks." To put simply, it's eating dirt.

Soon - Isn't the yeast in bread dead from the baking?

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

Sorry for my sheer lameness but what is Oil pulling?

Cheers!

• sid- i don't know if it's dead or not but if it is it's still sitting there all dead. it's still something you put into your body that makes a mad chemical reaction (i mean biological chemicals.) if it's homemade bread the yeast could be in any stage of development and probably very alive. i don't know what you use in your bread though.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

I know what DE is. But why would you eat it?

MacAnoogie - how are you doing?

• black walnut tincture is good for oral thrush. put about 30 drops or so in a shot of water and rinse your mouth with it before you swallow. do this every two hours until it goes away. it shouldn't take long. last year that nastiness tried to sprout in my mouth twice. both times, the black walnut made all signs go away within a couple of days.

the black walnut doesn't taste amazing, but it's really not that bad. it's definitely better than fungus in your mouth and much better than that gross stuff doctors give you.