Started my first "Master Cleanse"today,"Very Excited!!!!!got question.......

malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

I am very excited!!!! This is my first time ever,i just finish reading the book yesterday and got all my ingredients.so far i feel very good. Any input,advice,tips???

ohh,one question. Do you buy the big maple syrup one?i went to whole foods yesterday and saw the big one cost $25,wow.

How many do u use?

I also relax my hair(got curly)is time for relax,very confuse and don't know what to do. I HAVE to relax it,but i HATE that i put those chemicals in my head,sometimes i wish i shave and use wigs,lol

Anyways,should i do it today,so that way all those chemicals go out since i just started the program???Or do you know any natural relax alternative to do it???i ck wholefoods and din't see anything for it.

and last one,is ot ok to chew on ice???????

Thanks so much for reading and any comments i appreciate it.!!!!

God Bless!!!!

Comments

• Hey - Congrats on your journey! Today is my first day OFF my first MC (10 days)! First 3 days I was tired and had a headache and low energy, but I had been making the lemonade 1/2 strength on accident! After 3 days, I felt pretty normal. i felt less strong only when i pushed myself physically, but my mind cleared up by day 4 and didn't feel like an idiot. I worked (RN/Charge RN) the entire time (I had 2 days off total) and even rollerbladed and did pilates some days! Drink lemonade when you're hungry, drink water and herbal tea when you are thirsty (chewing ice is OK). Don't torture yourself and look at recipes etc. Try to poo daily (laxative tea and salt water rinses cramp, but you have to do it!). Sweat, dry brush, sleep! Don't tell many people you are doing it if they don't know what it is or they WILL think you are a weirdo trying to starve yourself. I lost close to 10 lbs (I certainly expect it to come back - I haven't weighed this since Jr high). I brought my drink in a empty glass tea bottle to work. One bit of advice....My diastolic BP went REALLY high - like 115. I have a history of this but it resolved after i went raw last year, and I think it was a combo of the salt water (you HAVE to absorb some salt) and liquorish root in the teas. SO watch it if you have hypertension history.

I got my maple syrup from trader joe's. The have Grade B organic 12oz bottles for 7.99 and I went through MAYBE 3 bottles (I didn't keep track). I drank more the first 3 days cause I felt yucky, but after that I drank less than a 1/2 gallon of lemonade a day (I would make it by the 1/2 gallon - how I know). Be careful...once I got Grade A syrup instead on accident and BEHHH! tastes like sugar syrup! B is soooo much better!

I was worried about coming off, that I wouldn't like the OJ. Wrong. squeeze your own and it'll be fine. I tried papaya and it made me sick ;(

I hope this is a new beginning for you as I plan it being for me!

• malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

thanks and congratz to you for completing your 10 days.

I have stress related BP(kids stress)but overall my readings normally are 125/75.But i will watch it just in case.

I am cooking for the kids and hubby but as soon as i am done i ran out of the kitchen.Is not easy,i am smelling food where there is no food(like the bathroom and outside the house,lol

So far i have a sligh headache and feel like a lit dizzy when picking up the kids(have a 3 and 1 yr old)

Thanks for responding.

God Bless!

ohhh!! and you are soo right about telling people. I told my sister not to tell my mom because she get on my case for days argeuing with me and i don't want to hear it,lol

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

sid23 i'm so glad the OJ worked out for you. It really is best, just as is stated in the instructions. Malchusmom, it is important during the 10 days not to cheat. Each time you cheat, with even a strawberry,and your body will freak out. As long as you stick with the lemonade you will be fine. If you start to really feel like crap, do more to help your body detox. You can do it! you'll feel great after it's all said and done. I did my first one in April, lost 10 pounds. Haven't put it back on, and really felt like it was the beginning of being a different person for me. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot luxdivon!!! I will NOT cheat!!! today i have to cook for my family and feed the kids pasta,OMG!!! i was strong and i will be till the end.=-D

Weight wise i am already where i wanted to be from 192 pounds(preg)and now 145(my ideal weight). I am doing this for cleansing/detox purpose,not to loose more weight,but if is going to happend what can i do???have no choice but it concearns me a lit to be in the 130's. I am 5'10 tall.

Have not weight that since i was 18,omg!! 14 yrs ago. =-)

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

malchusmom, don't worry too much about the weight loss. I swear, you don't really lose more than your body can stand. I did a 20-day in July, started the same day as a friend who was doing a 10-day. She lost 10 pounds in the first 5 days. I didn't weigh myself since I don't need to lose, but there's no way I came close to losing 10 pounds over the course of 20 days! Maybe 5 or 6 total. I do know I lost an inch off my waist, but that's o.k. because my body fat % is still high even though normal BMI. Actually, I'm 36 and weigh less now than I ever have in my life, even at 18! lol

Just wanted to encourage you and make sure you know that these first few days are, by far, the hardest. I promise, the hunger REALLY DOES PASS eventually. lol It's all a mental game, and one of my strategies has been to tell myself that this is my new life...permanently. lol I mean, even if all I ever ingest for the rest of my life is MC lemonade, life is still good and worth living. :)

When you are done, you will be ready to take on the world. Not only do you feel better physically, but emotionally you are so empowered by accomplishing this. :)

Thanks so much freewitheft for your reply. I know mentally i prepared myself. Imagine,i just finish cooking "Blackbean burgers"basmatti rice,black bean soup and a suuper salad with all you can think of for hubby and the kids.

But i was fine,i ran out of the kitches ASAP and season the food without taste it.

I notice on my 2nd day i just got BM this morning and a couple of hrs later after. But the rest of the day i don't. (went like 4 times).

And this is a very important question for me to get it answer by who ever read this plzzzz.

I take medication for Hypothyroidism.

I have not taking it for the past 3 days since i am doing the cleaning. I know you will say "to ask the Doctor"but the one i go to don't beleive in natural approach for a better health.

Should i take my meds,do you think it will interfear with my cleansing process??? ir should i start taking them once the cleanse is over???

I am so confuse about that and don't know what to do.

I am thinking after i am done,go and get my Thyroid levels check and monitor them every month to see that they keep on range without the stupid medication i have to take.

Thanks for any advice!!

2nd day and feeling good!!! just a lit tired and a bit headache.

woooohoooo!! Go Me!!!!!! =-)

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

AFAIK, the consensus is that you can stay on medication while doing the MC. But, if you're going to take it, take it after you've done the saltwater flush so it doesn't just get flushed out.

As to whether I would take them, I guess it would depend on what the possible side effects are from going off of it cold turkey. If the possible side effects are something I could handle (for instance, it won't kill me or cause a psychotic break!) I would consider going off the meds. Mainly because I would want to see if the MC helped the condition that led to the medication in the first place.

Good luck whatever you choose! :)

Thanks so much for the comment,will take it in consideration!!