Help, Please

I wish this place had a chat room so I could talk to someone :(

Here's the problem, I've been raw since Aug 4, I've cheated once with some chicken and potatoe wedges. Chicken has always been my down fall but I've always cooked it, can't trust anyone to cook because somethings have gluten, corn or soy in it.

I have to cook for my mum and husband, they eat mostly chicken and tonight I am craving chicken so bad, I'm afraid I will give in.

Please what can I do? What can I eat to get pass this? I've been feeling good but not sure I can hold out.

Thank You

Comments

• Please help me, cooking tonight more chicken.

Thanks

• malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

i am doing the 10 days master Cleanse and today is my second day on it. I have a 3 yr and 2 yr old plus hubby that i have to cook for. Like just now,i ran out of the kitchen after cooking blackbean burgers,rice,soup and a suuper salad. I was strong enough not to even taste the flavor on what i was doing(they said was delicious,)lol

anyways,i think the key is to prepared yourself mentally that you are going to cook chicken but you are not going to eat it.

You can do it,if you already decide to become raw you can do it!!!! and if you cheat don't kick yourself for that,because there is relapses on the way of your goal in everything you try to acomplish til you get there.

I advice DO NOT sit on the table tonigjt if you feel you will eat it,lol

go to the room or somewhere else while they are eating it and have yourself a salad or something.

do they like KFC??

here is a video you can show them that i just watched yesterday and it broke my heart about Kentucky Fry Chicken and the poor chickens.

Hugs!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! =-)

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

hey charliemum,

If i were you, i'd grab some dates, figs, and nuts.. you'll get the salt and sweet, which might somehow help with the chicken craving. I also used to crave the chicken/bread/cheese combo. Just say to yourself that's not food, not an option, and make sure to make something raw that you absolutely love. Good Luck! you can do it.

hey i just thought of one other thing. maybe make sure to eat something substantial before you are there at dinner with them. Being hungry and around chicken will make it the hardest to resist. Let us know what you have on hand, and we can all try to help you think up something splendid and raw!

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

AIM = varialFaceplant if you want

• They hate KFC.... They ate already and I eat 1 little piece, it tastes yuck, so something is working.

Thanks all

• malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

yeyyy!!!! that was a good sign. =-D

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Think of the living being(s) that died. And how many more you are paying to have killed if you create more demand for dead chickens. Ethics usually win over health issues. At least for non-selfish decision-makers.

i'm so glad to hear charliemum that it is at least tasting different to you. A great sign! Soon the cravings will dissipate and you won't even be able to remember why you ate chicken in the first place. What did you end up eating? Did it help? What could have helped even more? Best Wishes

• I just watched it and now i'm crying at how mean they are. God commands us "Thou shall not kill" are we so stupid to think it's only for humans. i will NEVER touch another piece of meat. This is really sad what they do to them.

Oh man everyone needs to see that film. I'm sending it out to all I know.

God bless and thank you so much

Hugg

• Charliemum, what works for me: whenever I have a craving for meat, I will sometimes watch one of the PETA undercover videos. or such at petatv.com. it works. We need to know where this stuff we crave is coming from and make the connection.