Post-colonic Weight Gain?

kaitlinkaitlin Raw Jr. Leader

Hello all,

I had a colonic almost two weeks ago and noticed about a 5 lb. weight gain almost immediately following. The day after the colonic, I felt pretty weak with heavy, tingling legs and the second day afterward, both my legs and arms felt heavy and tingly. I felt very ill and close to passing out. My mom took me to the pharmacy where the pharmacist suggested that I drink Pedialyte (ew, I know). I drank about 2 liters of Pedialyte over the next day and felt like I was mostly back to normal. While I felt my stomach going in during and after the colonic, I felt very heavy on the days following. I drank some kombucha the day of the colonic in hopes of restoring some of my intestinal flora. I also began supplementing with kelp capsules (for an iodine deficiency) the night of my colonic.

Can anyone explain how these symptoms might fit together?

Thanks!,

Kaitlin

Comments

• You lost alot of electrolytes and water. Pedialyte helps that. Most likely you lost too much after the colonic so your body tried to compensate too quicly and you gained weight. When you get colonics always be careful of fluid replacement and eating healthy before and afterwards.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

agreed. you were retaining water and probably were detoxing too. Its good to take er easy the day before (even a few days before) a colonic. I also recommend drinking apple/celery juice after to replace electrolytes.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

You might want to take a probiotic supplement temporarily, too.