I'm new! Hiya!

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. My name is Addy and I am once again trying to go raw. I'm feeling hopeful since it took me a good 3 or 4 attempts to go vegetarian and even more to go vegan and this is likely my 3rd or 4th attempt at going raw!

I've tried going raw a few other times, but ended up eating SAD again :-( However, in the meantime, through each attempt I've added more raw fruits and veggies into my diet and I finally feel like I can make the leap to 100% raw!

Besides a lifetime of great health, one reason I want to pursue the raw lifestyle is weight loss. I had a baby last November and in the process of being pregnant gained around 69lbs!!! I was already about 15 lbs overweight to begin with, so as you can imagine, I was in a bit of a pickle! Since my son was born, I have lost 59lbs, so I have a goal to lose 35-40 more lbs (remember, I was overweight to begin with!). In addition to eating raw, I've been upping my workouts, eliminating caffeine, sugar, artificial sweetners from my diet and trying to get more sleep. Hopefully this will all lead to a weight loss success and lifetime healthy eating plan for me! I've also recently joined a local Meetup.com group for raw foodist in my area and our first meeting is Monday! Yay!!

Thanks for letting me introduce myself! I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from your raw wisdom!! Peace! :-)

Comments

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

hello to you too!