Smoothies and Juice

Smoothies or Juice

Comments

• I have a question and need some help with it, please.

I know that you should only live on juices for no more than 100 days but how long can you live on smoothie's?

When I have smoothies all day I'm not hungry but when I eat the fruit or salad I get very hungry.

My smoothies are always with lots of greens, carrots, celery and fruit.

When I need lots of energy it's fruit with spinach.

Most of the time it I just want greens and very little fruit. i have energy and I'm not hungry.

Please help me figure this out.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i think this is a matter of personal opinion but i would say that you could live off of smoothies. your body would still get all the nutrients it needs if you keep a good variety coming. i do know that your digestive track will get used to the liquid state of your food so it will eventually "forget" how to digestive solid foods. that's just like if you take laxatives a lot- your colon will allow the laxatives to do the job. i think 100 days is more than enough for a smoothie fast though. solid food would probably go right through you afterwards.

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

the reason you feel fuller after eating smoothies is because you're actually eating more food. A smoothie packs a lot more food into a smaller volume because it grinds it down. Thats why I like smoothies because it's an easier way to eat more, faster and I feel fuller.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

you need to chew. If you are not chewing your teeth and gums will get weak and rot. This is the main reason you can't live off of just juice. You could do two meals of smoothies a day, but you should do at least one solid meal and snack. Also if you do a lot of smoothies/juice make sure you chew these as well. It gets the saliva going which tells your intestines and stomach that its time to work.

• thank you all

i will try to have at less 1 salad a day at either lunch or dinner.

i love my smoothies, right now drink one with fruit and spinach. it is so good.

take care