zucchini!!

I have a ton of zucchini from my garden and need some cool zucchini recipes. I'm big into zucchini noodles but I make the same sauce every single time (ani phyo's marinara sauce- it's awesome). do you know any cool sauces for zucchini noodles??? I'm on a low fat diet, but will use a little olive oil in the sauce (don't have any nuts or seeds right now). thanks guys!!

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

yum

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

I love sliced zucchini mixed with salad greens, onions, and sun dried tomatoes. One of my favorite salads...

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I do garlic, a bit of onion, lots of basil (fresh or dried, though I rarely have fresh :( ), touch of olive oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Possibly something else that I don't remember...but you have the general idea. YUM!

I just ate salted zucchini with nutritional yeast and coconut oil. I'm getting weird about the nutritional yeast. WEIRD. I eat it with anything and everything. It's becoming gross, if I didn't find it so strangely good (I think I just need the Zinc).

:D

luxdivon: my neighbor just gave me the most amazing sun dried tomatoes. i eat them just as they are- very chewy and sweet.

have_mercy: nutritional yeast is really addicting!!! haha i never thought of adding it to zucchini to make it have a cheesy flavor. that sounds delicious.

i was immediately hungry after i posted this to the forum and i made ani phyo's marinara sauce again!! haha tomorrow i will definitely try something new.

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

Have mersey~ Quantities used? It sounds excellent but if I am left to my own devices I have the potential of making something odd. How many tomatoes? One clove garlic?

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

I take:

choopped tomato

sliced green onions

diced red bell pepper

minced garlic

salt

dries basil

EVO (optional)

I then pour it over my lovely zucchini noodles, toss, and DEVOUR! yum yum :D

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

joanna i'm jealous. we're all out.. and i keep putting off buying more but i don't know why they make everything so much better..

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

You can also do an Asian-style dressing/sauce with zucchini - nama shoyu, garlic, ginger, lime or orange juice - with sprouts, mushrooms, bell pepper, whatever veggies sound good to you.

okay. for the past 3 days i've been eating zucchini (i used my peeler) with spinach, onions, olives, and sundried tomatoes. it is insanely good!! i look forward to eating it when i get home from school every day.

suasoria, i never thought of using the zucchini as a sauce. i will definitely make it. i have an orange on the counter right now.

• Mmmm ginger orange is my FAVOURITE:

1 juiced orange, 1 clove of garlic, one inch of fresh ginger chopped, a few squirts of nama shoyu blended in my magic bullet then tossed with green onions, cilantro, and a few veggies sliced super thin (I make spinach chiffonade) and the zucchini noodles. Sooooo good. If you have a dehydrator, toss the noodles with a teeny bit of oil and pop in the dehydrator while you make the sauce so they soften a bit. So. GOOD!

I should also add that if the sauce is a bit runny to throw in a Tbsp of avocado and it works magic