Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Your non raw treats?

2»

Comments

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

rice and beans.

artichoke hearts on a salad.

sometimes tofu, but it gets to my sinuses.

a good beer on a hot day.

glass of wine with friends.

sweet potato fries.

hot soup in the winter

hot tea when its chilly (i know its not raw, but i consider it to be so)

• oh my gosh, since i've been advised to not be raw this winter (i'd been having super-low energy), i've been eating bob's red mill 8 grain whole grain hot cereal, and holy crow, my winter is made. fannnnntastic.

• Well this isn't exactly a food, but it definitely isn't raw. I always have a cigarette after sex. I know it's awful. but 'll only smoke american spirits on account of them not adding chemicals or testing on animals....and they just reeeaaallly hit the spot sometimes. haha :)

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Rice and beans...my comfort food for sure. Its so interesting how your taste buds really do change after being Raw. I used to live on sweets, its all I wanted, especially chocolate. Now, if I crave a cooked food, its something like beans, or a piece of sprouted bread.

• i love quinoa!! i always put some raw kimchee in it to help with the digestion.... plus it just tastes yummy!! also i to have a weakness for beans. however i only have quinoa once or twice a month and beans probably once a month or even every other month.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

joannabanana - lara bars arent raw? i thought on the wrapper it said that they were, im confused.

I include a cup or two of soy milk in my diet each day, and maybe some lentils, humus, organic oats or tbsp or two of annies goddess dressing in my diet. All about balence, but it changes every week.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

hey mikfizzle! i was bummed about them, too, but i don't really eat em anymore anyways. all their nuts are pastuerized so they are heated.

my favorite non raw foods for november are spaghetti squash and baked potatoes!!! the squash is just so delicious on top of a salad. it's mostly the warmth of the food after i get home being so cold all day. it just seems to hit the spot.

• GulayG1rlGulayG1rl Raw Jr. Superstar

beans and rice

gluten-free pasta

squash and string beans cooked in coconut milk

• GulayG1rlGulayG1rl Raw Jr. Superstar

oh, and roasted chestnuts too!

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Quinoa, TEA, Indian food, and on occasion, I'll have rice milk or Coffee. This winter I've been eating way too much cooked and I don't feel very energetic.

Besides the above, which is more usual for my non-raw meals when I have them, I've become a pancake addict (with dark raw honey I got in TN in september as syrup). I can't seem to get enough of them.

I've decided that I am going to quit buying raw nori. It's costly, soggs really fast, and I don't think having heated seaweed is going to do much harm, but I will be able to enjoy sushi more often. :)

• I have tea (herbal or green) on a regular basis--it's not raw, but it doesnt make me crave anything bad and its got antioxidants so I figure its okay. As a treat, I'll have vegan brown rice sushi--but I try to limit that, I have made sushi my official "cheat food". Other wise, it's fruit and salads (or if I can find like a "naked" or "odowalla" smoothie) in social situations for me! Actually, i always feel a little guilty if somethings not organic--but, hey! I cant be perfect. And as far as my chocolate cravings go (they used to be INTENSE) I got the raw cacao nibs from sunfoods: yummy yummy! And the "wee bee" raw honey is also really good if I craving sweets and fruit doesnt cut it. But its just like any sweet--eating too much WILL make you feel bad.

• Hemp milk hazelnut lattes, peanut sauce, hazelnut espresso vodka.

• To all those who said coffee - I would SERIOUSLY advise you to switch to green tea. I used to be a coffee addict but then I began to drink black tea (chai in the morning), and then oolong in the morning, and now - green tea. Green tea still caffeinates me - as much as coffee used to, except with the l-theanine and other goodies I feel A+++ in the morning. Invest in a good, whole leaf green tea (even de-caff, I have both) and sip to your hearts desire. It is so, so, so good for you.

• I can't seem to get the raw broccoli down unless it's been marinating for a whole day or unless I'm dipping it in Raw Red Pepper Aioli so when I've already had enough fat in my day, I steam it--same with asparagus.

Organic Coffee I am not willing to give up and the worst habit I ever got into for which there is not effective raw alternative---dark chocolate almonds or carob coated almonds!

• I eat just fruit and veggies, mostly fruit though, once and awhile I will eat raw dehydrated buckwheat, but I feel best with just fruit now. What I missed for cooked food is, rice, red kidney beans, steamed veggies, 7 whole grain kashi cereal and eziekiel sprouted bread. I LOve those things, but I toatally gave that up :0 id like to try those things again and see how i feel.

• I agree durianrider!!! Ive been eating more fruit and im very satisfied. I just finished eating a package of organic raspberries and 2 pears and an apple:)

I feel great!!!