Other Raw forums and communities?

Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

I was wondering if anyone belongs to other Forums dedicated to the Raw lifestyle? I would like to find another one but would also like some recommendations. I have seen a couple that allow people to have full blown profiles/pages. It seems to me that it is a better networking tool than this site. Please dont get me wrong...I LOVE this site and wouldn't stop coming to it BUT other sites have current events and allows you to meet other like minded people. I am actually rather independent and dont much care for meeting people online BUT if it helps me find events in my neck of the woods then that would be great! This diet can make you feel like a loner at times....I wouldnt mind networking more with people I didnt have to explain everything to.

Any suggestions would be great! I would like a place that sticks as much to 100% raw as possible (much like this place) and someplace that is low on the drama. A Place where people love the lifestyle...not the fact it makes them thinner!

Cheers and thank you!

Comments

• You could check out www.meetup.com to see if there is a raw foodist group in your area. To my surprise, there is one in the city I live and I plan to check out a potluck on Sunday.

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

I used meetup.com while living in Seattle and it didnt seem to do me any good. People rarely checked it and there were never any events. It seemed to have been a bust.. I did however just accept a position with Whole Foods and I heard there are 4...thats right 4 other raw foodists there. Holla!

• Yay, good for you!

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

www.30bananasaday.com - but be careful, we get a bad rap from people on this website. we're dogmatic elitists.

I saw the 30bad ... and liked what I saw.( tho honestly the colors to get to me a bit...strange I know).....I have also come across give it to me raw. I am conflicted. I know I should just do both and see which one I like but I don't like wasting my time. I like to get feedback and put my energy towards things I plan on sticking to.

Cheers!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

the59sound, Your site looks great. Our feeling around here is that the more support out there, the better. No one website (or club or group) is going to support everyone out there and most people like to belong to more than one!

iliveyourdream, Welcome! There are so many positive places out there (including this one), you'll surely find a good community.

I think I will try the 30bad. Something about it rubs better with me than some others I have seen. This is pretty much my favorite site...I dont know why but I enjoy the company over here and its overall supportive.

Cheers and good health!

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

I have started up a new one to talk about body/food/everything issues! Its at http://coolywash.blogspot.com/2009/09/lets-get-conversation-started-people.html. I hope to hear from everyone!