Phase I of Rainbow Diet PROBLEMS (sort of)

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone's tried Dr. Cousens' Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine "Phases." I am trying Phase I, have almost been doing it for two weeks. On Phase I, if you haven't read this book, you are only allowed to eat veggies, nuts, and low-glycemic fruits like avocados and tomato. I started this diet because I am absolutely sick of feeling shitty, mainly due to my allergies (to everything! it seems) and emotional problems. I've tried going raw and had trouble in the past because I've made my boundaries so fuzzy... I'll say beans are ok, or pickles, and the next thing I know I'm eating whatever I want (which usually isn't that bad- vegan cooked food) and I tend to binge eat a lot so I have to maintain control. This diet has been good on that end because I have very specific guidelines to follow, and I think the lack of sugar has stopped me from wanting pasta/grain/bread/beans for the most part. My problem is that I have been feeling really nauseous, and I haven't been able to eat much for the past three days. I threw up a bunch last week and this week too. I can't think about nuts or I feel like vomiting. Is this detox? Is this normal? I attributed it mostly to my birth control pills, because they usually make me feel sick, but not this bad. I've been considering moving to "Phase 1.5" just to get something in my stomach (I'm losing way too much weight by not eating) but I really want the effects of the diet to work. Is Phase 1.5 effective? Has anyone tried this? What results did you get?

Thanks!

Emily

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I don't think our bodies are geared for dehydrating and acidic things like nuts and foregoing sweet fruit. But if you want to try it, do what you like......I wouldn't expect to feel well on such a high-fat diet.

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

Emily,

I feel your pain. I have just read the book, and I like it. It could be that you are detoxing at such a fast rate, that your liver (Where nausea usually comes from) just can't handle the amount of "crap" that it is having to deal with. But I wouldn't suggest going to the next phase in that you are liking the first. I haven't been able to do it,AS I LOVE my cherrie. I have been at this for 10 years, hate someone telling me I can't have something. But am going slow as did too much with brazilain nuts yesterday. I have been at this for 2 weeks, so shouldn't expect overnight healing, so we need to just take it easy. My Dr does biofeedback, and man you can't beleive what showed up this morning......beer, from the candida. I don't drink, I have hepatitus C, so it would be stuipid. But my point, is that you have no idea what has been hidden in your body...for years, or decades, so be patient, Your body is most likely pretty happy to find a pathway to get ridof it !!

Emily

• Make sure that nothing else is wrong....i.e. pregnancy...sorry if it sounds bad or obvious, but it's worth getting a holistic doc's opinion. Ofcourse, listen to your body, etcetera. Do you feel shittier now than when you started?

If so, maybe you need to add little things, like a bit of fruit now and then, and see how you feel. Not every "raw expert" can know what is right for you, as good as their plan sounds. I have learned this from experience. :)

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

The 80/10/10 diet has improved my health a lot.

• Cool, thanks for the info. I am not pregnant (checked twice!), and I think I will stick it out because the results are really important to me. However, I think that if I can't eat anything still in a couple of days, I will start incorporating other foods into my diet.

Thanks!