veggie variation

I have a question. Do you think if you dehydrate veggies that are not palatable or slimy (okra) and then grind it into a powder and add to smoothies or whatever, do you think it still has the same nutrients as if it was fresh? I have a garden full of okra and I have no idea what to do with it. I use to like it fried but it is hard to swallow when it is raw. I experimented with some fried green tomatoes but used a batter of flax and other spices to bread it in and put it in the dehydrator. They turned out good! Guess I could do the same with the okra.

Comments

• Here is a recipe from “The Garden Diet”...

Okraw Slaw: Chop up two cups of okra. Scrape the corn kernels off of one ear of corn. Dice up one avocado. Mix together in bowl with one teaspoon of honey. Yummy. Serves 2.

• I was thinking okra would be good in a gumbo dish. Blend the okra to make the base of the gumbo and add spices, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc. It should be pretty much the same nutrient wise though.

• I will try those to see if it cuts some of the slim factor. Thanks for the ideas!