I talk the talk but I don't walk the walk...

Hi Everyone,

For years I've helped others, but I've been so lazy when it came to my own health. I developed breast cancer

and fibromyalgia and I new about nutrition, but I guess I wasn't ready to actually take the steps to create

a healthier life for myself. I bought all the supplements, stopped the sodas etc. but I still ate a lot of

processed foods because it was just easier to grab and chew.

I chose alternative treatments for cancer, but nutrition was by-passed and cancer was still present in my body.

So, I knew that nothing would help me unless I started to talk the walk and get moving.......

That's exactly what I'm doing. I started out with juicing, smoothies drinking fermented drinks like Kombucha and

VMIXX; eating a carrot, apple, banana.....but, I need to make it all more exciting and add some nice prepared

dishes to my families table. I'd also like to start fermenting vegetables and dehydrating certain foods. So, I'm

a beginner to raw foods, and I'm looking forward to learning from all of you......

Comments

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Welcome! I am so sorry to hear of all that has happened to you, and I really hope that starting this journey will be a turning point for you. It is so brave to tell your story, many on here will help you with whatever you need. Join me here if you want to talk some place else. Coolywash.blogspot.com. Blessings!

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

Nothing easier and better for your body than a piece of ripe fruit. Get a few bananas and just chow down, saves time, money (if you buy at lower class grocery stores) and does your body good.

• AAAAAHHHH! Thank you for your kindness Dancin Durian! I'm so fine with what happened to me because I'm going to live a healthier

life now. I'm starting to have the energy that I once had as a child and it's all due to eating better. I'm only 42 and I shouldn't feel like I'm

90, but I do if I eat bad. My body let's me know that it is just not happy with what I fed it. I look at the reactions as a type of thermometer

that reads whether or not cancer will return. All my cells ever wanted was some live good food and I starved it......there is a great possibility

that I caused my problems and it's up to me to fix them. Being here and learning is part of my plan to reach total wellness and I'm so happy

to meet kind hearted people such as yourself. I'm about to visit your blogspot.....can't wait!

• Hey 59,

That's what I thought. I'm finding that alot of members just grab what they have

on hand and eat it. It's easy.......I like that! Maybe society makes us feel as if we

should plan a great meal everyday that takes hours to prepare. It

must be time for me to forget the guilt....and LIVE!

I'm all about real fast/real healthy......and cost effectiveness. Thank you!

• First off Welcome! And I wish you all the best in your future health.

I'd say getting out of the mentality that meals need to be elaborate and "balanced" (as far as the four food groups) has been hard for me on my raw journey as well. At the beginning I found that I really missed buying food from a fast food restaurant so I decided to buy fresh fruit from my local market everyday during lunch and treat it as my "fast food" stop. Like 59 said it's cheaper and oh so helahty. Often I'd find fruits and veggies I've never tried before and it opened my mind to new possibilities. I also, only stocked my house with raw foods, and eventually I started becoming creative with the combinations I could create really quick and easy.

• Thanks Raw La La! and I like your name.

I think that's great advice. I'm working towards moving in that direction. It can all be so simple, one just has to start and stop

procrastinating. It really is so nice to receive advice from others who have been in my shoes and I'm inspired to move it forward

at a faster rate.

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

You are so right hooraw, we have all been there! I have had really bad stomach aches my whole life, nothing compared to what you have gone through. Raw has really helped. You have to take it at the pace your life allows. If you try to make to big a change to fast, you increase your likely hood of failer, which can be very discouraging and cause you the throw the "baby out with the bath water" so to speak. Do what you can when you can. You are doing great! You will learn alot, and that is the point!