Pureed food diet

AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I went for my second colonic today and the therapist was still amazed to see how much undigested food was in my stool. It looks like it almost goes in and comes out the same way (sorry for the details). And, yes, I do chew my food! I'm going for another treatment next Sunday and she recommends that I only eat pureed food for 5 days until my next appointment to see if it would help.

Has anyone ever eaten only pureed foods (kind of like a puree fast) for an extended period of time? What kind of raw meals would you make? I'm not too concerned about the fruit, because I can include them in smoothies, but I'm just wondering how to include vegetables and greens. I have a blender (not a Vitamix), but no juicer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

avl, i've been making applesauce for a few months now. it's totally amazing.

i use 3 apples (preferably all different kinds), 3 medjool dates, and a tsp of ground cinnamon. throw all of that in the food processor. it's better than the stuff you get at the store. i also throw in a pear now and then if i have one. that tastes nice, too.

do you like getting the colonics? i've never gotten one before. when i stay straight on raw foods, my digestion is out of this world. haha do you think i could still benefit from one?

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

That apple sauce recipe sounds AMAZING! I'll try it for sure. And you know what funny, I was planning on going apple picking tomorrow, so it works out perfectly :)

I really like getting colonics, mind you I've only had 2. I thought my digestion was really good too, since I went to the bathroom 4times a day. I was surprised to see how much stuff came out during my 1st one. And this morning I had already gone to the bathroom twice and so much more came out. So it shows how it can build up in there. I know some people don't think they are good for you, but I guess everyone is different. I used to think that since I went to the bathroom so much, then I wouldn't really need to get them. But let me tell you, there must have been a couple of pounds that came out! It's a little awkward at first and I felt a little bloated the following 2 days after the 1st one, but today was much better. I guess you can try a couple to see if you like them. I got a series of 4 colonics (one a week). It's hard to judge after your first one because you might feel a little bloated from the water they put in, so give a few a try.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

joannabanana - I made apple sauce tonight, but I didn't have all the ingredients you used so I improvied. I used 2 apples, 8 strawberries and a bit of cinnamon. It was REALLY good!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

oooohhhh strawberry applesauce sounds really delicious. i've got tons of apples and other fruit right now so it would be fun to experiment with different flavors. i've tried apple-banana and wasn't a fan of the texture. i'm thinking apple-plum would be good or apple-raspberry. whenever you get medjool dates, you must make it again!! i love getting pieces of their sweet goodness in every spoonful.

• AVL,

that's so cool that you know so much about your digestion. is this common?

i wonder if i'm not digesting my food properly. does it have anything to do with chewing? maybe toxins in the body?

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

joannnabanana - I'm gonna get dates today and let you know how my little experiments go!

universally grateful - I've always had apassion for digestion issues, so I'm really glad I went for a colonic. I have no clue why I'm not digesting properly. I chew well enough for it to be broken down. The only reason I can think of is that I eat a lit of water insoluble fibre, therfore it doesn't bind to anything and remains intact (I don't know if this makes sense?). I'll try the pureed foods for a few days and see if it helps.

• Hi AVL, i did a 3 day smoothie feast and i just loved it. It makes your body crave more greens and no sweets! also, i feel so much better blending my greens rather than chewing them. A lot of raw authors say that its really difficult to chew salads down enough to get all the nutrients from them. You can make raw soups which are basically greens and herbs and/or tomatoes, cukes, carrots etc and half an avocado or coconut meat to thicken it. I've blended carrots, avocado, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger for a carrot ginger soup which was yummy! Have you ever heard of celery root (aka celeriac)? It makes delish soups...

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Hi SA-RAW, it's so funny because I made a carrot soup last night very similar to the one you described. Do you know a good recipe for raw mashed potato (basically mashed cauliflower) that doesn't required nuts? I just don't want it to be too fattening. All the recipes that I found required nuts. I don't know if there is anything that would make it a creamy texture.

I can't seem to go on the recipe section of this site, my computer keeps closing the page (It's my computer, not the site that's the problem).

• these are SERiOUSLY delicious and from this site. Last time if i remember correctly i subbed sunflowers seeds instead of pine nuts but have been putting in less and less. Its really only for texture, you don't have to put them in there. You could lessen the water, which you should add a little in at a time anyways, add avocado instead of the seeds or chia seeds to thicken it and put them in the freezer for a little bit. If they dont make it to mashed potato consistency then you have mashed potato soup!

2 cup parsnip, washed and cubed

• Perhaps you need digestive assistance...living food. I forget what they call them but you get them in yogurts and cultured veggies like saurkraut. It sounds like you're clean out of the digestive bacteria. Ofcourse, milk yogurt is not vegan but I've heard of "nutmilk yogurts" and there is a youtube video on how to make your own cultured veggies. L Acidophilus is the name of the bacteria they use in yogurt but there are others. Without them the body struggles to digest food. Fasts can deplete healthy bacteria which is why some people find it difficult to eat solid food after a long fast. You must replace the bacteria before re-introducing solid food. Noone ever thinks of that. Simple solutions are best. Try replacing your digestive bacteria.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

probiotics cristy?

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Cristy, I'm also taking probiotics and I just started taking digestive enzymes so hopefully something works! Thanks for the suggestion!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

to all those people with digestive problems I really suggest huge amounts of Primal Defense probiotic. It really helps miracles.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

joannabanana that raw applesauce sounds delicious! i think ill make that tomorrow morning for breakfeast :)

• I almost always add spinach to my fruit smoothies. I also make a good tomato soup with 2 tomatoes, 2 chunk of sweet onion, splash of olive oil, and a little celtic ses salt. It's a great sauce too. For a savory soup I do 2 tomatoes, 1 avocado, chunk of onion, 2 hands of spinach with some kale every now and then, and i used to use celtic sea salt in it but not so much anymore.

• Oh and for apple sauce I always did half a banana with 2 diced apples blended, sometimes id add honey and cinnamon. I like that better than the store's too.