How much juice do you drink everyday?

I've been making green smoothies for dd for about 8 months. She is 2 and has grown tremendously since she began drinking them and her immune system is unbelievably strong now. I see the benefits and as much as I tried to drink them with her, my system just cannot handle that amount of fiber so I bought a juicer. This morning dd and I had apple, carrot, celery juice. OMG!!!! I am hooked. I have had more energy this morning than I have had in weeks and it tasted SO GOOD!!!! For all you juicers out there, how much juice do you drink in a day? I am excited to try another recipe, but I can also see this getting pricey if I go overboard, so I'm just curious what is reasonable.

TIA!

Chris

Comments

• Hi Chris;

I drink 2-3 ounces of wheat grass juice first thing in the morning and then I have 8-12 ounces of mixed vegetable juice. This if my morning breakfast.

Take care, Paul.

• my family just went overseas

what did i miss the most?

the juicer!!

i juice a couple of times a week (but, it depends)

• I love juicing with my 3 year old son (well, almost 3). Isn't it amazing how they love the flavors that most adults cringe when tasting? I've made some very interesting juice combinations that I've had to just chug, but he sips them like they were soda, haha.

To answer your question, I'm on a juice feast right now, so I'm drinking huge amounts of juice daily and nothing else. Normally, I juice with my family a couple of times a week. Depending on what you're juicing it can be pricey, but I've found that if you get one big watermelon and use that to sort of bulk up the juice then you can juice daily. Just a little melon makes a lot of juice, and cucumber and zucchini seem to give fair amounts, as well. Use those and then add on the beets, kale, dandelion, and other mineral rich greens and veggies and you've got a great tasting drink with tons of nutrition. That's how I juice on a budget. There's really no limit to the amount of juice you can drink because you're still getting calories and nutrients, you can drink nothing but juice if you wanted. It's good to give your digestive system a break sometimes, anyway. Eventually, you'll need fiber again, though :)

• mewmewmintmewmewmint Raw Newbie

what i do is fill the blender with leafy greens, usually spinach because i don't have to clean it and it's cheap.... add water, blend it, pour it through a mesh bag and squeeze it... it's so much cheaper and easier than a juicer... blenders are like 20-$30 and the mesh bags are like $15 for i think 7... and they're machine washable... i've seen juicers go as high as $400 and they are all a pain in the ass to clean

oh, i also do this for cucumber and just add lemon after straining... it's a bit slimy though (when squeezing, not when drinking)

i've come to rely on it... if i don' t have my green juice every morning i feel so lethargic

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

i make smoothies everymorning, and a juice once or twice a week in the afternoon

• I drink about a quart of vegetable juice as many days as I can. mostly tomato, spinach, cucumber, celery, carrot. stuff like that. :-) sometimes I puree the tougher veggies in the juicer and do the soft veggies like tomato in the blender and mix it into a smoothie. it's a bit thicker and richer that way. I also drink a lot of fresh orange and apple juice. at first I just used my blender and a nut milk bag then I got a Breville juicer for about $150. it works really , really well and did not cost as much as some of the others. the pulp is wet , but i don't really care. I freeze it and use it in other recipes.

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

I juice 2-3 times a day. Mostly carrot, apple and romaine/spinach/pick-a-green I get a 50 lbs bag of organic carrots from my local grocer...they don't carry them, but will order if you ask and pre-pay for them...I go through that in 10-14 days. I only make 8 oz at a time because I've read from so many different sources that's all your body can assimilate at one time, so I'm drinking aprox 16-24 oz of juice in a day.

1 quart=2pints=32 ounces= aprox 946 mL or a little over 1 litre (1.136)

1 fluid ounce= aprox 29 mL

I hope those are the equivalencies you were looking for!

• I drink a quart of green juice each day. It makes my eyes sparkle and my skin and soul shine!