Transitioning to Raw Food Starting Tomorrow

Hi Everyone,

I am starting to eat mostly raw food tomorrow. I am a 49 year old woman who weighs about 430 or 440 pounds. I don't know exactly because I can't weigh myself at home. I can only weigh at the hospital on a special scale. The last time that I was there I weighed about 412 but that's been over a year ago and I've gained weight since then, so I'm guessing. I know it's over 400 lbs. Needless to say, I am going raw in order to get healthy and lose weight. So far, I have not been hospitalized for any diseases. I think I am borderline diabetic. I also have an irregular heart beat and a couple of years ago I had to go to the emergency room because I couldn't get my heart to beat regularly and they had to shock it back into rhythm. Usually, I can just take a deep breath or something to get it to go back into rhythm. Overall, I feel that I'm very blessed and I am trying to avoid being diagnosed with any major diseases. So, for the past 2 or three weeks I've been reading a lot about how to go raw and planning my start date. I created my a meal plan first and today I went to the farmers market and that grocery store and bought the items that I need to create my meals this week and most of next week I hope.

I'm very excited right now and I am looking forward to feeling better and losing weight. I know that I will need some support during this process and I'm hoping that I will be able to get that here. I also am looking forward to sharing my progress with you and encouraging anyone that I can. I will post here once a week with my weekly progress as a form of accountability. I hope that I will be able to make some friends too.

Janiece

Comments

• Oh my gosh!

I am so unbelievably excited for you! This is going to change your life and you will feel totally amazing! Cool enough, earlier today I committed to going raw tomorrow too!

Shall we jump on this together? We can chat via e-mail if you would like to as well! I can be reached at vhperonalcatering@yahoo.com.

Cheers to your total success! You are awesome.

Have the best day ever,

Terra Rose

• Hi Terra Rose,

Thank you for responding to my post. I would absolutely love to chat by email but, I just tried to email you and it came back so send me an email at jtlovesongs@yahoo.com and I'll send the email that I tried to send earlier.

Janiece

• congrats on your decision and good luck!!

i'm guessing that synergistic left a letter out of their email address, cause now it's vh peronal catering - it's probably personal, so shove an s in there :)

• Thanks Appifanie I'll try that.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

you might like rawfu.com The community there I think is more geared towards losing weight than some of the other forums. I think it's a great community and the support is pretty awesome. Don't forget to check in here though, because there are a lot of really great people here too! :)

• Hello jtlovesongs!

Im in my transition to raw food :). I really recommend you a book "the raw food detox diet" by Natalia Rose really helpful one, principles of the raw food diet, benefits, how to combine food, recipes...and also a test to determine what is your raw food transition number with a meals-week plan.

She said at the beggining is good to eat some cooked "good" food in order to not overstress your body, specially if you have taken pills or junk food, diary, flesh before.

She also sais that if you cant avoid a cooked meal at least take a raw salad first and then the cooked food, is better 4 your body and this tip really works 'cos after two months of being 90% raw -I eat one slice of brown bread per day-, my boyfriend and me took a short trip last weekend and I ate cooked food like cookies, rice with veggies, some chesse, some bread& butter but ALWAYS a green salad first and just a couple of fruits for breakfast .

Sure I felt full and my stomach had more work to do but was better that what I thought...The challenge for me was the "guilty feeling" after eating cooked food but according to this book, the "guilt feeling" is worst for your body and balance than the cooked food, so be tolerant and nice with yourself specially at the beggining.

Hope this post d helpfull for you.

ps. I have this book as an e-book Dont know if I can send it to you. If you want just let me know.

Regards from Spain ( sorry 4 my english isn't good :D )

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

Congrats and keep us posted! How are you doing?