Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Any ideas on how to get to sleep?

mewmewmintmewmewmint Raw Newbie

I'm having trouble sleeping at night sometimes.

Comments

• I've had problems sleeping before. I found a good acupuncturist and ended up falling asleep on the table. :)

• mewmewmintmewmewmint Raw Newbie

no way am i doing that

needles... so gross

• I'd recommend lemongrass teas each night before going to bed, plus you can have some raw oatmeal soak in water for a few hours with a banana. If not, exercised will help you going to bed.

FInally, try to have some calcium magnesium pills, if all of those dont work. But i'd rather say you might drink this lemongrass herbal tea each day and its so tasty you will love it :)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Avoid watching tv or going on the computer too late. Allow about an hour to 'wind down' before you get into bed.

Read a book or put on some soothing music. Exercise is great too (although not just before bed obviously!)

Keep a pad and paper by your bed so you can write down anything you need to. I don't know how raw you are but camomile tea is good.

Hope this helps!

• There are "needlesless" acupuncturists. They do about the same thing without the needles.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Just make sure you set out a bedtime routine. When I was in University I used to have a tv in my room and I used to have SO much trouble sleeping. Most of the time I would fall asleep with the tv on and then wake up a few hours later to turn it off (with the remote, not actually getting up to turn it off). I would have so much trouble staying asleep, often not sleeping at all during the night. When I moved rooms, I told my parents that I didn't want a tv in my room, and that made a huge difference. I read a book or magazine instead and would fall asleep within 10 minutes. Now I can just go to bed, put my head down on the pillow and fall alseep within a few minutes.

Also try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. On weekdays I usually go to bed by 10pm and weekends by 11pm (I don't go out much at night). On weekdays I wake up at 5am, because I run in the morning, and on weekends I naturally wake up around 6:30am. I know it's still early and sucks if you go ut on weekends, but I guess if you follow a good routine from Sunday night to Friday night, then I think your sleeping habits will improve.

I also find that taking a nice warm shower at night helps to relax me. I could be super stressed and anxious when I get home from work, but as soom as I take a shower and put my pyjamas on I feel nice and calm.

Another thing is only use your bedroom for sleeping, like that your body & mind will associate your bedroom with sleep. Don't do your homework (I don't know if you are in school or not) or work, watch tv and just hang out on your bed. For me bed = sleep.

I hope that one of these suggestions will help!

• Reishi (capsule sprinkled in tea), passionflower, chamomile, lavender... Dont underestimate the power of teas!

• I take melatonin