Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

For those of you who have multiple bowel movements a day, what exactly do you eat

RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

just curious what other people's regimes are for optimal bowel function and cleansing.

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I go to the bathroom 4 times a day! I eat a lot of melon & berries in the morning and lunch, and then apples or bananas as snacks, and lots of greens and other veggies for dinner.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

I find that I have to blend bananas because for some reason i can't digest them unless theyr blended.

• Seaweed, minerals!:)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Thanks, can I ask which melons and berries and vegetables, AVL? oh and zinfandel those grapes in your picture look delicious.:)

• Juicing organic cantalope with the rind (very important) is really good for going to the bathroom. But cant stress enough the minerals. U will be suprised how they help. The body is a complex machine. jus because u take enzymes, acidophilis, & juice dont mean you'll go to the bathroom reg. Very important to incorporate seaweeds, minerals in ur diet.:) All parts r one...

Boyanna, that sounds really cool. I take HUGE amounts of blue green algae (a seaweed with a LOT of minerals) that's just become a routine. i suppose the minerals could play a role. Although fruits and vegetables of all kinds are generally very mineral rich. I eat copious amounts of spinach for dinner.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I use cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew. I tend to mix them together as a fruit salad with strawberries, raspberries and/or blueberries. I'm usually pretty hungry for my breakfast because I run when I wake up so I'll have 1/2 cantaloupe, 1/4 honeydew and 1/4 medium sized watermelon, with maybe 5 strawberries or 1/2 cup blueberries or 1/2 cup raspberries.

As for my vegetables, I tend to make a salad with spinach, swiss chard or collar greens, cucumber, zucchini, peppers, seaweed, tomatoes, a bit of avocado (1/4 to 1/2), mushrooms, a few olives and capers, and I use lemon/lime juice and Bragg's soy dressing to season my salad. Sometimes I'll have a piece of fruit as a late snack, if I'm hungry.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

I have bowl movements four times a day or more! I eat lots of fruit, and a green smoothie every morning for breakfast. Usually a huge salad for dinner. Lots of delicious snacks of fruit in between.

• Was going to ask that question? Read my mind! Why does it seem that no matter how much veggys i cosume, have to get my minerals for other sources to make up for loss? ( i eat organic) & i also cant live without culturing veggys, & milks, sprouting ect. Hardly see recipes for that? Can other people live without it? I wouldnt beable to go the bathroom without doing that!:) What about u?

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i go to the bathroom a lot (and i mean a lot) haha and i'm pretty sure it's all the fruits, veggies, greens, and small amount of fat. if i ever get constipated, i put a teaspoon of epsom salt in a glass of water with a little bit of lemon juice. it tastes really gross but you will be crapping all day. it feels good to be all cleaned out!

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

pineapple... with the core!

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

2 meals a day, one greens meal, two fruit meals.

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

I usually go around 4 times a day, though if I eat a lot of fats I kinda go liquid&more, normally I eat around 3-4 meals a day, 1-2 green veggi salads, whats ever in season, and 1-2 fruit salads, again whats ever in season, I hardly eat any seeds&nuts.

• I go after everything I put in my mouth!! I eat tons and tons of fruit, oranges, melons (cant, honeydew and water), grapes grapes grapes galore. At least two meals a day are of a watery fruit. Eat greens with tom/cuke/peppers around dinner, or some variation of that. But mainly, FRUIT :-) I dont eat any seeds, nuts, I try not to eat Overt fats.

wow lots of good responses, thanks everyone

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

You know what I've found to be excellent in producing bowel movements: brocolli stems.

Its PURE fiber. You'll have a major bowel movement within 12 hours. BUt, make sure you cut it up finely and CHEW. else, you'll have atummy ache.

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

It is also a good idea to add a touch of fat to your diet, this helps to form stools. Also, having enough water is very important, your colon will draw water to add some bulk and weight to the stool, causing your body to react by evacuating it. Also, doing some de-stressing can also really help! Come chat with me here if you want! Coolywash.blogspot.com

wow that that is so cool liger. you mean the thick stalks, right?

dancin durian i do include a little fat. a few wild nuts fresh picked from the tree or a dab of avocado. so fruits and vegetables alone don't have enough water? i don't mind drinking water at all though if I should.

Thanks this rocks.

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Defs drink your water! Don't force your fluids, but you should do some water drinking! It works for me, that is for sure. Also green peas always help me. And greens! Coolywash.blogspot.com

Cool i will drink water. for some reason greens really back me up.I eat mostly whole spinach but yesterday I made a HUGE green smoothie with almost a whole head of spinach and like 6 oranges. and I drank it all. Boy did that leave me bloated all day. very full too. I dunno why it did that. I wish I could get to the point where I had 4 bowel movements a day! I wish I had a juicer too so i could do a juice feast. But only a vita-mix. Any cleansing ideas?

watermelon island was good for my digestive system. examine what your "weakest link" is, and fix it. the saying "your only as good as you weakest link" is true, in my opinion. You could also do a consult with dr. graham.

what do you mean by "weakest link"?

weakest link as in, what's the thing that is least healthy about your health regime. are you getting enough sleep? too much stress? toxic relationships? enough water? enough exercise? enough good air? whatever the weakest link in the "chain of health" is, is how strong the entire chain will be. it's just something to think about.

cool, I like that idea.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

RawKidChef, I have read on a few forums that people have used their blender instead of a juicer. They blend up greens & water (or other types of mixes), then filtered through a milk bag (or similar kind of thing) to get juice. Never trying it myself but it's an idea.

lulushka8, I too struggle with the lack of sunlight being in the north of England. I've found the last couple of weeks hard and I'm sure I suffer with seasonal affective disorder to some degree.

I've definitely blended and strained greens and fruit to get good juice - but it's very messy and time consuming.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

it might have been food combining. with the orange and spinach, i've heard citrus fruits should be eaten alone. i feel like bananas are ok with greens, and i've had ok luck with berries, but i've never tried citrus with it. I did a orange, banana & hazelnut smoothie, it was sooo yummy :)

i eat tomato, celery, citrus and lettuce blended together and it digests fine. my prediction is you aren't getting enough soluble fiber... maybe

thanks. I thought most fruits had soluble fiber, and hard to digest foods like nuts and grains and vegetables had insoluble fiber. and since I have a lot of fruit in my diet, I thought I get a lot of soluble fiber? maybe I'm not getting something there...

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

you need both soluble and insoluble fiber in your diet. i'm pretty sure all fruits and veggies have a mixture of both (not balanced), but i could be wrong. i'm taking nutrition right now and my teacher said that neither soluble or insoluble fiber is better than the other. idk if she's right, but it's a possibility.