Need something for snacks that isn't fattening or sweet

valgal123valgal123 Raw Newbie

I need to vary my diet more. I also believe that I eat far too much fat (I have a tendency to be underweight). Instead of reaching for a snack that has nuts,coconut oil, honey or fruit, I would like something more nutricious. Lately I have been eat carrot, cellery sticks and handfuls of spinach plain, but talk about BORING. I like kale chips, but they have fat. I don't have a clue what to have, I also have recently decreased the amount of fruit in my diet.

Another problem that I might as well bring up is that I have NO control with fatty, sugary raw foods. My whole life I was considered the QUEEN of self control when it came to just about anything. I never thought I would have this problem! I think its because I know that they are sorta healthy. Thanks

Comments

• valgal123valgal123 Raw Newbie

I forgot to add that I have been raw for 5 months and my parents are worried about all the fat I'm taking in, about what it is doing to my arteries. Geez! I can't believe this is happening! My parents were always the one to eat that second cupcake and I would be shaking my finger at them!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

fruits should not be viewed as "sugary". my diet is 70%+ fruit and I feel great. Snacking on oranges all day, some grapes for lunch. Fruit is one of the body's main fuel sources. Fresh food is the best. Versus dried food. And in the category of fresh food comes fruits and vegetables. So feel free to eat more fruit. Vegetables are good too but obviously they can't form most of your diet because like you said they can get boring.

Also I've been looking into eating wild fruit. Wild fruit is supposed to be a lot more nutritious than cultivated fruit and also tends to be lower in sugar. Wild fruit is supposed to be higher in protein, etc because it has not been cultivated and possibly subjected to hybridization, GMO, etc. Wild food is resilient and optimal.

Here some places where you can get wild fruit:

http://www.oikostreecrops.com/store/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=129&strPageHistory=cat

http://www.wildcrops.com/fruits_berries.html

some unique fruit there. I know it can get expensive but for some snacking if you want something you can try a bit of wild fruit. lots of the good fall wild fruits are almost in season, such as persimmons, pawpaws, wild grapes, crabapples, etc. Goods from the Woods also has wild fresh picked pinyon pine nuts, they are said fruity and very tasty. fresh picked and wild, I would assume means more digestible. I have my first order coming in soon.