Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Acne...

I've been having an issue with adult acne. its nothing bad, but bad enough on my back where i'm embarrassed to wear a tank top. I'm just wondering if raw foods gets rid of this sort of problem?

Comments

• It surely would help, but I'd recommand you to go to an herbal tea place and ask them about having a blood cleaning by drinking some sort of teas.

I know a few that could help you but I only know the names in french, sorry.. :(

Acne means that your body wanna get rid of some toxines, so by drinking water or depurative teas you will help eliminate them by your urine, and now by acne. Raw food will help you eating well and may help with this problem.

Gives us news! Ciao

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

going raw will definitely make a difference. i used to have bad acne on my back, face, and chest. now, i get stray pimples here and there, but nothing i would be embarassed about. the cleaner your insides are, the cleaner your outsides will look.

• FortuneFortune Raw Newbie

Yikes, aspirin all over your face? That doesn't seem safe to me... Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory, so it basically tells your body to 'shut up' when your body is crying out for help (by having symptoms or pain, etc). Overuse of any anti-inflammatory (such as daily use) can have severe health repercussions.

Acne is usually a sign that your body is not detoxifying as efficiently as it could be. Your body only has 3 ways to get rid of stuff - bowels, kidneys, and skin. If any one of those 3 are not working properly, then the others take up the slack - for example, if you are chronically constipated, the toxins in your feces re-circulate within your body and try to find a way out through the skin, resulting in acne. (This is just one example of how/why acne appears and persists.)

Try cleaning up your diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, drinking lots of water, and getting enough essential fatty acids (omega 3 and 6). Also, addressing your kidney, liver and gallbladder health may have a positive effect on your acne.

• aspirin seemed a bit weird to me too, but i've heard from more than one person that it works.

i have rheumatoid arthritis so unfortunately i'll be on anti-inflammatory meds most of my life... unless i can get it under control with diet.

i eat pretty healthy and i'm on and off on the idea of going raw. i eat WAY more raw foods now than i ever have, i just need a big push in the right direction and i'm sure i'd be fine.

my periods are all messed up and have been since i gave birth to my baby 2 years ago and the acne has been on my back ever since. i'm quite sure its hormonal, but hopefully diet will take care of that too.

my kidneys and liver are all good according to my blood results that i keep on top of and i drink about 3L of water a day so no problems there :)

i'm going to a self healing herb place today to see if they have something for me.....

• FortuneFortune Raw Newbie

Sounds like you are making some good changes for yourself, karrys. I bet that the more raw you eat, the better you feel. Sometimes that can be enough push in the right direction.

Keep in mind that blood tests can be misleading - they are not always a clear indication of what is going on in the body. Many health professionals do not test for health, but rather for disease - so you could have 'ok' blood, which means it's not diseased, but not necessarily 'healthy' either. If you have acne, that is a good indication that your kidneys, liver and gallbladder are not working as efficiently as they could be (which, as stated above, can be addressed with diet).

Also, maybe a trip to a naturopathic or osteophathic Dr is in order. Based on your symptoms (periods, acne, rheumatoid arthritis), I suggest seeing an alternative health professional for more prescriptive advice based on your health and condition. It sounds to me like you may have a significant hormonal imbalance, which is definitely worth looking into, and cannot necessarily just be addressed with a raw diet.

• Karrys, I feel with you! I'm 24 and my skin is still as bad as it was when I was 13. =(

I try to remove sugar and processed foods from my diet, and started going around 75% raw a few days ago. I don't notice a change yet, but they say sometimes symptoms get worse first because of detoxing...

Keep us updated about your progress please!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I never had acne until I gave up salt (I had been raw for quite a few months). I got little tiny red bumps that started on my forehead and migrated down to my temples. This lasted about 4 months and then they gradually disappeared. That was definitely the worst detox I ever experienced, but totally worth it. My skin is so soft and healthy now.

Swayze

• Turmeric is a great natural anti-inflammatory. I've been dissolving turmeric powder in my water for about a week now to manage my acne and it has improved significantly. Much safer than aspirin, but a similar concept. Make sure it's non-irradiated!

• thanks you guys! I also went to my naturopath and am on an herbal tincture to see if it helps. i bought turmeric for my rheumatoid arthritis ages ago but keep forgetting to take it. i'll try it too.

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

Use raw apple cider vinegar topically (about 1 part acv to 2 parts water), let it dry and then apply topically a solution of tea tree oil ( 1 part tea tree oil to 5 parts water). This worked for me over a year ago when I had cystic acne on my chest and back. It cleared up within 2 weeks and hasn't been back since. You can also supplement orally by taking 2 tbs acv with 8oz of water.

Since I tried this and it worked, several of my close friends who are in their late teens/early 20s have used the method successfully. The key is persistence... just make sure you apply it every night before bed, and you will see a big difference!

• yes raw food will solve all your problems forever. especially skin problems. it will take a little bit and may be worse when first start b/c your boyd it detoxing everything you had in your body that wouldve caused acne but yeah try it its the cure to get rid of acne forever. do it! you will be glad

• Gluten in wheat products can cause acne. I have just been cured from acne caused by gluten and I haven't had any acne since I've been raw this month. I also take a daily detox herb that is mainly red clover and burdock which helps cleanse the liver. This aids in getting rid of extra hormones that are usually the root cause of acne. The liver regulates hormones. Hormones cause the skin to release oils and an over production of such oils causes acne.

I also use Indian Healing Clay-Benzonite Clay to deep cleanse, getting rid of black heads.

Currently I use Noah's Naturals Anti-aging cleanser, Burt's Bees Willowbark & Camomile Deep Cleasing Cream, and Burt's Bees Lavender Toner. After I wash with the cleanser, for longer than 1 minute, I apply the cream and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. I rinse , pat dry, and apply toner with a cotton ball.

Once a week, I detoxify with the Indian Clay before I add the toner and eliminate the cleasing cream.

Hope this helps...My acne wasn't bad either, but It would get out of control whenever I ate gluten products. I still get blackhead rather easily though. So I try to wash twice a day.

I spot treat with Tea tree oil or Tea tree gel

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I don't know if it will get rid of it "forever." I've been eating raw for a while now and yet I still get a little tiny bump here or there if I, say, cut back on sleep or eat too much fat or spend too much time in a heavily polluted area.

Swayze