Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

healthy highs: foods that make you feel good

mewmewmintmewmewmint Raw Newbie

here are the foods that i have experienced a pleasant sensation from eating, would like to know what other people's were. it would be nice to feel good all the time, especially for those of us trying to not eat what we want to eat. if anybody knows a link to a list that would be helpful to me as well

raw cocoa

ginger

cucumber juice

green juice

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

concord grapes

ginger juice with honey and lemon

fresh picked wild persimmons

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

mangoes, grapes, and cantaloupe!! those three always feel light in my stomach and put a little pep in my step.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Any type of melon and apples!

• mewmewmintmewmewmint Raw Newbie

rawkidchef: i'd like to know your recipe for that ginger honey lemon juice... sounds like it would be good

• cacao

maca

apple beet juice

cherimoya

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

every single fruit that has passed my lips.

what's up with the mention of cacao and maca, these are stimulants...

• hannahmariehannahmarie Raw Newbie

green smoothies.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

lauraj, your smoothie combinations sound really good! Can you tell me how much kale, pears and raspberries you put to make that smoothie? I want to try that one too!

• kale/pear/raspberry smoothie

dandelion greens/mango/banana smoothie

sweet honey papayas..not the crap that is transported from afar and tastes and looks like crap. I mean real tropical papayas, fresh

val. orange/pineapple/apple/lime juice-tastes soo good, really boosts the mood, but drink sweet fruit juices in moderation

apple/celery juice

pineapple/celery juice

fresh made tropical fruit juice (esp. when I'm on vacay abroad in islands!)

watermelon, especially in the start of the season

cantaloupe/honeydew

sweet carambola (starfruit)

dark leafy greens from farmers market

all fresh picked wild berries and fruits (huge ripe fresh sweet strawberries! raspberries!)

NY apples picked straight off the tree

fresh baked organic winter squash (yes, I know not raw)

fresh young coco water (not the pulp)

warm organic apricot apple sauce (yes, again, not raw, but soo good and satisfying)

lemon/lime H2O

organic Valencia oranges

sweet honey mangos

pomegranate- although the time it takes raises my b.p!

fresh cranberry/apple juice

• 6 lves red or green kale (red is my fav but I use green sometimes, too)

3-4 sweet juicy bartlett pears

pint (or more!) of fresh raspberries (or frozen if need be, but fresh tastes best)..can add more if like, to taste

H20 to blend

Devein the kale, deseed the pears, and make sure all organic. Second smoothie is half a head or so fresh org. dandy leaves, 2 lg juicy sweet mango (or more if like), couple bananas and water.

The pear/raspberry smoothie also tastes pretty darn good without the kale! But I always add the kale anyway.

These 2 green smoothies are real energy boosters. I often really crave the kale smoothies.

• avocados...they make a great treat like once a week, and they feel so creamy and lovely!

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

cherries.... anything that ends in "erries" :)

• delalunadelaluna Raw Newbie

really ripe and juicy and large mangoes

bananas (i can never get sick of it.)

ripe figs dipped in coconut oil and some sweetener

durians (occasionally)

juicy cucumbers with peels off dipped in some sweetener

juicy ripe tomatoes dipped in coconut oil and some sweetener

i actually have these everyday... i feel so blessed :)

i'd make fruit smoothies but i could never resist eating ripe fruits whole. they look too good to be put into a blender.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

I hate to be a party pooper, but I wouldn't call cocoa a "healthy high". Don't get me wrong, I love cocoa, but its a caffeine high, which at best is "minimally bad".

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Spinach and other leafy greens.

Mango

• Green smoothies with tamarind seeds blended in. Tamarind seeds are effective at removing fluoride from the body, especially the pineal gland. Always makes me feel more clear minded after.

Oranges

Anything with blue green algae in it. : )

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

melons and blue berries.

pinapples too. whenever i eat it, it feels like my tastebuds have gone to heaven

• mandarines and fresh berries

• Green smoothies, cantaloupe and watermelon! :)

• Concord grapes are so plentiful at the market these days that I've been eating BUCKETS of them! it's lovely

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

kale/celery/apple/ginger/lemon juice

raw cacao

spirulina

orange/cranberry/lome juice blended with raw honey

mangos

watermelon

peaches

banana

papaya

grapefruit/strawberry smoothie

pineapple

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

Ginger

Melon

Green smoothies of all varieties

• Hi!

You know what, I was wondering why Kefir and sourdough bread where not consider as alive food ????

Thx!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

mewmewmint, I didn't see your comment from a month ago! the ginger honey lemon juice is really good- it's basically a cup of water plus a small piece of ginger (to taste), squeeze some fresh lemon juice, and a teaspoon to a tablespoon of raw honey blended with a little ice. I don't really measure anything - it's a matter of personal taste.

• I chuck a teaspoon of Ashwagandha powder into a green smoothie.

Its a herb that's also known as indian ginseng.

• My green smoothie with loads of spinach! I have photos of it at www.myreallyrawlife.blogspot.com

Have a great day everyone!