Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Food World Summit

Hello friends,

Are you participating in the Raw Food Summit? David Wolfe started out the program yesterday with an amazing seminar.

The next person up is Gabriel Cousens. Also participating is Victoria Boutenko, Rhio, Shazzie, Happy Oasis, Angela Stokes, Brenda Cobb, and many others.

This is very cool, you can participate at

http://www.TheRawDiet.com/summit.html

Talk soon,

Mike

Comments

• I listened to it last night. It was really good. I thought the moderator did a great job keeping it flowing. It sounded very professional yet touched on some of the deeper philosophies or beliefs that David Wolfe has regarding living water. If he published a book about living water I would read it.

• I just listened to it and it was a really great listen.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I just listened to it this morning. It was very nice to hear David in his own words, as I have never read his book or heard him talk about raw food (just seen him on the “Weird Weird House” as an Alt on MTV…LOL!) He is such a controversial figure in the raw food relm. I would love to hear what other’s think of him. As far as what I heard, it all sounded right on with what I think/believe/know about raw. So, my question is, why is he so controversial, other than the question of plagerism?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I forgot about it (normally they send email reminder – they didn’t this time!) I will have to listen to it today.

I like David Wolfe – even though he is a little goofy. He has some wacky ideas about controversies and stuff (he thinks the first US moon landing didn’t happen). Plus, he is sort of a partier.

I think some of the controversy might be that lots of people doubt his superfoods work and don’t like that they are so expensive.

He was one of the first raw foodists to really bring raw food to the public eye though. Esp with the raw chocolate. I like that the fact that he tends to bring a “fun” vibe to raw foods. He says you should eat what is right for you and not focus so much on being perfectly 100%. He has that not everyone feels great on 100% and that if you feel better on 80% than that is great for you. His philosophy on raw foods seems less strict than some of the others. I like that.

He pretty much consists on all superfoods. I don’t think he eats alot of fruits and greens as they are any more- he eats his superfoods.

• YEah I like it too… I was never drawn to him before the interview but noe=w I am more interested to read some of his books etc. I agree with Queen Fluff I like his attitude and beliefs. I cant wait to see the movie that they are making Raw in #0 days or something like that!

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

When I was listening to David Wolfe, I was kicked off the phone line about 15 minutes into it. Did this happen to anyone else? I will take a listen to Gabriel now….any thoughts on his segment? Who is everyone looking forward to hearing the most??? I heard that Dr. Doug Graham was going to speak, but I didn’t see him on the schedule. Any ideas?

Cheers! Chef Kristen Suzanne 

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I question that moon landing too. I’m sort of a conspiracy theorist (factualist).

I question some of those so-called superfoods too. I don’t really think that cacao can be a superfood because of the caffeine and theobromine it contains. Both are reportedly neurotoxins. I sure would like to believe it though. David Wolfe is partly responsible for giving raw cacao that “Superfood” label. He sells it and a book about it. Is he really unbiased?

He is an interesting guy. Are most raw foodists Hippie types? I think this lifestyle might have that effect on people. I’m leaning in that direction myself!

I have always been a hippy-type even before going raw (LOL) so I couldn’t tell you that! But, I have heard all the pros and cons of chocolate/cocao, and I have always thought that in moderation, and unmessed with by the big chocolate companies, it should be o.k. I know it has caffeine, and I know it has theobromine, but I often wonder if maybe they have a more homeopathic benefit (i.e. even a toxin can be beneficial if used for the right reason and in small amounts). I had sworn off of chocolate for a while because of the reported toxins, but then I started thinking about what the indigenous people of that area ate thousands of years ago…they were smart, prosperous people and they ate cocao and coffee. So, I am not sure. I will let my body guide me, as it has proven the most reliable. Most days I don’t want chocolate, but a few times a month I do, so I have it.

As far as the calls go, I listened to David’s podcast yesterday morning and was not kicked off…could it be that it is more reliable to use the computer as opposed to the phone. I am going to listen to Gabriel Couson’s podcast this morning, and I will let you know what I think.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hi 123 -

Funny but alot of rawies I meet are sort of Hippie type (i definately am) but I think that just has to do with many rawies also being into the environment, natural living and anything health related in general. Also, back in the 70s, anyone who was into “health foods” was kinda considered a hippie. :) Maybe that is where it comes from? For me, I was a hippie first and rawie next. :) I got into it because I thought it seemed like the most natural way to live. Health benefits are coming second as the environmental benefits too.

On the other hand, I meet alot of rawies who are not “hippie” types at all. They are still into environmental issues and all that but there alot of people who get into raw because they are very sick or severaly overweight or they like the “high” – those that like the “high” almost always say they had alcohol or drug problems before.

I forgot to listen to Davids Podcast yesterday. They did send me a reminder email about Gabriel Cousens though!

• I listened to Gabriel last night it was great! He is into a lot of the thing s I am so it made alot of sense to me! Anyway Its great and I love it! I call after the live broadcast is over and I never get kicked off!

AND YES I AM A HIPPIE…HIPPIE FIRST THEN RAW…like my leopard sister! Peace Love and LIght!

• I listened to David Wolf and wondered where the research is regarding the vibrations of food. I also question superfoods. because I think that human beings are highly adaptive and regional. Before the high tech travel age what people ate was local and in season. I will be honest with you all, I have no idea what is in season! I’m at the whim of the grocery store. I would love to be at the place where I can grow my own fruits/veg, but alas 2 kids, grad school, 4 classes to teach are where I devote my energies. Back to the point, these superfoods usually come from places far away, and maybe the superfood is for people in that area, not for us. Maybe we’re busy looking at the exotic superfood and missing out on a superfood in our backyard. Just thoughts…

Within the raw community, I can get a little overwhelmed by the hippy-ness of it (Cousens’ “we are the offering” or “eating of the divine” for example) but then I also think this planet would be extremely boring if we didn’t have such beautiful diversity in beliefs and ideas:)

ambikalee…this picture you have of some salad instead of your face. 1)it looks gorgeous, post the recipe 2)your other picture was just as gorgeous!

Some of the Superfoods that Shazzie eats are actually powders. Doesn’t that seem overly processed? Some examples are lucuma powder, maca root powder, hemp leaf powder, cacao powder. Wouldn’t they seem more “Super” if they were in their natural states? She made a cacao and goji berry cake and most of the ingredients were powders and oils. Those don’t seem natural to me.

That stuff about the divine and love food is lost on me too. I want the food to be healthy, taste good and be grown in a sustainable way. That would actually be divine!

O.K., so I listened to Gabriel’s call this morning. I liked a lot of what he had to say, but some I wanted him to elaborate more on, especially the diabetes as that is what I am helping my mom with right now. I liked that he mentioned the ruling that the government is trying to do to organic food, supplements, etc. Also, I found the information he provided about B12 very good since he sited some research that has been done. I think it is so important to be mindful of that.

• Thanks Om.. i cant post a recipe because it was a conglomerate.. But I teel you what..when you make Renne Loux Tomatoe Summer stacks…through them on a bed of greens ..extra corn and enjoy! As for the spiritual hippiness…I am way to guilty of that, but I came to spirituality through science…specifcally Astronomy and then biology…I love QUantum Physics. Soon science will prove the existence of the divine, the power of intention and the creative power of vibration…”In the begining god SAID let there be light and ther was…to me this is the big bang…Anyway if anyone is interested in learning more about this watch “What the Bleep do we know”, Stephen Hawkings “A Brief History of Time” and of course “The Secret” I also watched “The Peaceful Warrior” with Nick Nolte it was Great better than the Celestine Prophecy! If anyone is interested in this topic more…I have tons of book suggestions and crazy therioes to share… email me at petalsofpeace@sbcglobal.net

Peace Love and Light

• I really want to tune into this, but it doesn’t fit with my time zone :( And my creditcard is cancelled and I’m waiting on a new one, so I can’t get access to the podcasts and stuff… that SUX!

• I am SO disappointed that I only got to listen to the first half of Gabriel’s podcast. I would have loved to hear him talk about B12

I just listened to Dorit’s. The things she said were fantastic. She answered a lot of issues for me.

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

hey marienord

you have 24hrs to listen to the podcast before you need your credit card. maybe that doesn’t change your situation, but thought I’d throw it out there

• Hi folks,

These teleseminars are amazing! I really enjoyed Dorit, I never heard of her before yesterday. I really like how she stressed the importance of meditation. She meditates for one hour every morning, I admire her discipline!

I am listening to the Mike Adams recording now. (The recordings are available free for 24 hours after the call)

Mike created the Honest Food Guide- http://www.honestfoodguide.org/

I printed out a copy to put on my fridge!

That is pretty cool how Mike Adams is talking about specific foods that cure specific diseases. He said he can talk about the foods and herbs in this way because he is not selling them.

He has a free eBook on chlorella and spirulina at http://www.chlorellafactor.com/ – on that page he writes “there’s a blue pigment in spirulina that shrinks cancer tumors.” Dr. Joe Mercola had a similar statement on his website and the FDA almost arrested him for it.

There is a raw foodist in North Carolina named Kris Pletschke. He had similar statements on his website and the Federal Trade Commission arrested him. They made him pay a fine of $101,000.00. This is why people are scared to speak out about Natural Health. Mike Adams is taking a big risk!

I am looking forward to Victoria Boutenko’s teleseminar tonight, she is one of my favorite teachers.

Talk soon,

Mike Snyder

• I only heard of Dorit when I saw her on youtube.

I just listened to Mike Adams as well. It was very inspiring. What he was saying about the sun and the best sun protector being internal nourishment was something that I through experience have found to be the truth!!

• Mikepdx Thanks for the link I printed on for my fridge also! I havent listened latley I need to hop on before I miss it…

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

what do you all think about mike’s claims that all B vitamins can be obtained from chlorella/spirulina…...hate to bring up the B-12 thing again, but Gabriel Cousens gave it such thorough and needed attention just a few nights ago….

• Here’s the schedule of the calls…

Tuesday August 7: 8:00 PM EDT – David Wolfe

Wednesday August 8: 8:00 PM EDT – Dr. Gabriel Cousens

Thursday August 9: 8:00 PM EDT – Dorit

Friday August 10: 8:00 PM EDT – Mike Adams

Saturday August 11: 8:00 PM EDT – Victoria Boutenko

Monday August 13: 8:00 PM EDT – Brendan Brazier

Tuesday August 14: 8:00 PM EDT – Brenda Cobb

Wednesday August 15: 8:00 PM EDT – Matt Monarch

Thursday August 16: 8:00 PM EDT – Angela Stokes

Friday August 17: 8:00 PM EDT – Happy Oasis

Saturday August 18 8:00 PM EDT – Rhio

Monday August 20 8:00 PM EDT – Richard Blackman

Tuesday August 21 8:00 PM EDT – Shazzie

Tuesday August 22 8:00 PM EDT – Special Wrap Up

There will be 2 or 3 special bonus guests that will remain unscheduled, so stay tuned at http://www.TheRawDiet.com/summit.html

Victoria was great today. She reminded me, in a very inspirational way, why I drink green smoothies. .I started drinking them because of her without knowing much about her research. It was enlightening to hear her be so excited about her discovery. Mike Adams has always been one of my favorites and to hear him speak made me like him even more. This Raw Summit was an excellent idea. I can’t wait until the next speakers come up!

• Hey all :) I’m about to liste to Victoria’s podcast now. I also found out about the 24 hour delay on the calls and podcasts so I’m kinda happy about that :)

Currently oil pulling and listening to her. Yay!

I found Dorit VERY inspirational also! When I ate yesterday I found myself eating in a spiritual way, it was like something I’ve never experienced before. I had bought a damaged tomato and I was like respectful of the pain it must have experienced. It was really weird. Haha!

Hi Blujett8. I like the way Mike Adams said to check out his research, so I did. He is right to make the claim about B vitamins in spirulina, including B-12, according to the studies I found. I also looked up phycocyanin, an element of spirulina that he raves about. That’s an ingredient infinitely more important to me than the vitamins (those are important too), as phycocyanin enhances the immune system and stimulates the production of red blood cells. Having peripheral neuropathy (tingling/burning feet in my case), the production of blood and enhanced circulation is beneficial. I’ve used Dr. Schulze’s Superfood, with spirulina, for a long time, but not lately. Mike Adams inspired me to start eating it again!

• Doug Graham’s Interview is now loaded at the address:

http://rawsummit.com/access/free/

It is a free download at this point. I am not sure if it will stay that way. I think it lasts about 60 minutes.

• This is actually the first time I have heart of doing Raw 80/10/10

• Did anyone listen last nite, when this guy tri athlete was talking? I am an athlete and just started raw, I wanted to listen to this guy, but did not have chance to do do it, due to the tournament I am in right now. Can anyone give me a brief summery please on what he had to say about raw food for athletes. Thanks a lot

• Yulia,

I was just starting to listen to the podcast when I read your post, So, I jotted down some notes during the podcast! Enjoy:)

- As an athlete, he was less calories made him feel more energetic.

- he consumes mostly simply sugars, IE fruit.

- Unfortunately, protein is the staple of many athletes. When it breaks down in the body, it takes calcium from the bones. The chances of osteoporosis is increasing due to overeating acid forming foods. He uses hemp in his Vega bars because it is alkaline and raw.

- Stress is the root cause of many physical ailments. Stressors include psychological trauma, eating refined foods, etc. more stress = increased cortisol production = less deep sleep = more tired individuals who look to stimulate themselves with coffee and sugars. Clean diet is stress relieving = more sleep. Too much exercise overstressed his adrenals increasing his cortisol levels causing him to gain weight and being very tired. He used more nutritionally dense foods to control his weight. Paraphrasing “You can eat the muffin and it will give you quick energy, but then you overstress the body to digest the refined sugar, starting the tired cycle over.”

- Stimulants like cacao, herbe mate, green tea…use conservatively, because the effect will be reduced and the adrenals will be overstressed.

- Energy through nourishment not stimulation! Beware of energy bar claims, because some of the energy bars are made from some of the most energy robbing ingredients. IE high fructose corn syrup, soy, other sugars…

- Day in the life of Brandon during training; upon wake up. energy bar and smoothie bikeride 4-5 hours drink sports drink he made for himself with coconut water as a base with randomly chosen lemon, salt, juice and dulse. after bikeride smoothie with hemp seeds (protein) dinner – big salad with avocado, sprouts, etc.

- Take a logical, slow approach to training. The results will be better for you in the long run.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Hi, Does anybody know how long the Victoria Boutenko recording actually was?