Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Food World Summit

2»

Comments

• About an hour rawmama. I listened to it too, any questions?:)

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Om, I have questions on that Victoria Boutanko…I was not near a computer for the twenty four hours her call was available. Any important words of wisdom that stuck out for you? I have read her 12 steps to raw and wondered if it was similar info.

• Spiritedmama, Boutenko stressed getting your greens in. Greens should almost be considered another food group in and of themselves, away from vegetables and fruit. Greens should really be the basis for a raw food diet. She said she sips on blended greens all day. Blending the greens helps the digestion process. I was particularly struck by her scientific approach. She really “attacks” her nutrition with a critical mind. Tweaking, thinking, tweaking some more, She’s taken some of her personal research to research on others. I really respected her research focus.

Thanks Om…That is what she talks about in her 12 Steps to Raw book. This makes me feel good, because I have alot of greens throughout the day. In fact, I was analyzing my diet now and comparing it to when I first went raw…what an evolution! When I first went raw, it was all about the raw recipes and desserts. Now, I drink a smoothie for breakfast, have a salad and/or veggie tray for lunch (it makes it feel like you are at a party!), and then salad for dinner. Occassionally I will have dessert, but not like I used to! I LOVE BEING RAW!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I listened to Doug Graham today. Thanks for the heads up SocaL. He inspired me to try the 80/10/10 diet. I’ve been eating waaay too much fat lately. The recipes posted to the group are very good, but most are very concentrated and poorly combined for this diet (including the ones I posted). I’m transitioning to a higher plain these days. I ordered the book and now if I do more than read it, I’ll be on my way. I’m typing this and wondering what I’m going to do with Kandace’s Lemon Macaroons that are in my soon to be banished dehydrator!

• Thank you OM… very helpfull. I better cut down my sugar intake, love those raw desserts :)any advise on how to stop sugar crave??? thanks

• 123… I think the Brandon Brazier and Doug Graham talk kind of worked together for me. In thinking about energy giving food. I did sign up for nutridiary like Graham suggested just to see what my food breakdown is. I’m doing a little research first before I buy the book/bridge in AZ!:) Per research, In that way I guess I’m a little Boutenko too.

Spiritedmama, I may have to check that book out at the library (fingers crossed that they have it. I’m still in the beginning stages, its good to see folks on the “other side”.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

om, I think green smoothies fit into the Graham diet. I also find Victoria Boutenkos research to be well done. I’m drinking a green smoothie as I type.

• Did I miss Brendan???? :(

• Oh well, that’s all there is. The Raw summit was really excellent and for me as Re-eye opener. I felt I personally needed this to reconnect with many things once again. Richard Blackman and Shazzie, I listened to about 4 times each! Wow, they really were so inspirational. I am really looking forward to Shazzie and Kate’s new book.

x

• Little Mango, Richard is an inspiration for sure! I was happy to get to know Shazzie. I’ve heard of her but never really heard her speak or what she was all about. I really like her. I was skeptical about superfoods, but her argument about government intervention in the availability of superfoods really piqued my interest. (I’m an XFilian from way back:) I saw on one of her You Tube! videos that its illegal to grow hemp unless you get a license. She then joked that it would take a whole field of hemp to get you stoned, perfectly harmless, or is it?! Hemp protein is far superior to animal protein…its not illegal to have own a cow…something to think about!

I LOVED this Raw Summit! It was full of so much valuable information. Also, it was nice to get to hear all the well know raw fooders without having to travel around to find them. We got them all in the comfort of our homes…I listened in the morning still in my jammies! I am going to miss these mornings. It was nice to get raw inspiration to start my day.

• Spiritedmama, I agree that it was wonderful to saturate ourselves with such positivity to start the day. I heard Kevin Gianni’s interview today and I was pleased to hear that they will be doing another some time. Hopefully this time it will be 2 hour interviews!! heehe

Om, Shazzie in a way saved me when I was first getting into raw food. I didn’t know what the heck I was doing and I couldn’t take another stuffed pepper!! lol. I’d love to go to an evening with her and David wolfe in Emgland in October! Fingers crossed!!If I cannot, at least it is annual

Much love x

• Hi folks,

I am excited to listen in on the next Raw Summit interview! I really enjoyed Michael Beckwith in The Secret Movie. He should have some important information to share with us!

Mike