Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Join Us! Raw for 31 Days

Comments

• so farr lara bars i kno they arent reallllyyy raw but transition! and pineapple and apple!! :)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

miranimal - thanks for your support! I don't feel that guilty about it, since it was only a very small piece. But I really couldn't refuse since I'm the only one out of about 40 other teachers that can't eat gluten. So she really did the time to make it just for me. Thank God other people had some too, so I didn't feel obligated to eat a lot of it!

• Today:

Grapes-750g

Bananas-2400g

Juice of 1 lime

Wild Cherries-30g

Cantaloupe- 1200g

Plantains-300g

Pumpkin Seeds(dried) 13g

Total Cals- about 3505.

Carbs/Pro/Fat Ratio-90/5/5.

Was this site down for a while? I couldn't get on around 5pm ET.

Hope everyone is doing great on their first day. Day 1 was a total success for me. Onto day 2.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

I'm in! I was raw for three months until I went on vacation and got hooked on soy lattes AGAIN. I want to stop that so here we go! :)

Today:

2 cups smoothie (1 peach, 2 bananas, 11 strawberries, stevia, vanilla, spirulina)

5 cups pineapple

3/4 of a canteloupe

a quart of smoothie (2 peaches, 4 bananas, 22 strawberries, stevia, vanilla, spirulina)

a tomato, 20 asparagus spears, a celery stick, 1/2 a red bell pepper, 2 radishes, and 8 raw olives

I eat a lot because I swim laps in the morning 3-4 times a week and attend hour long karate session 2-3 times and run around all day! :)

http://iamrawaholic.blogspot.com/

• SimplyRawesomeSimplyRawesome Raw Jr. Leader

Oh wow! This is so great!! I started the challenge today too and was posting my progress on my blog. I couldn't remember the name of a desert that I had but remembered that I got it from this forum, so I logged on and found that ya'll are doing the challenge! Wooohooo!! I"M IN!!

Oh, by the way, I haven't been very active on this forum ... I usually just sign on when I'm looking for info, so forgive please. Okay here's what I had today!

Breakfast: GRAWnola and Raw Almond Milk

Mid Morning: Orange and 1/2 bottle of alkaline water

Lunch: Green Smoothie (Spinach, banana, strawberries, grapes, 1 TBSP of coconut oil, scoop of Hemp Protein powder)

Afternoon: Orange, 1/4 of a round watermelon, 1/2 bottle of alkaline water

Dinner: House Salad at some tavern we ate at (plus I brought along a Ziplock of sunflower seeds, broccoli flourets, and green olives that I dumped on my salad). Water with LOTS of lemon!! When we got home I had some Almond Brownie Bites, or something like that, and some more water.

As I was sitting there munching on my yummy salad, the server comes by and plops down a platter of fried mushrooms. They smelled SOOOO good! But no worries, I sent them on down the table. Then the guy who is sitting ot my left gets his dinner of cheeseburger (YUCK!) and fries. I *LOVE* fries!! My husband is sitting to my left and his dinner arrives - chicken cordon bleu and seasoned fries! Oh no!! I'm surrounded by french fries. They remind me of the commercial with the pink furry dude, "Hunger". They keep staring at me. BUT I did great! Didn't even have one! Wooohooo!! I'm so proud of myself because fries are really hard for me to resist. Any potato, for that matter, is tough for me to resist - oh, except RAW potatoes. Blech.

Overall it was a great day! We're off to a good start! =)

• I want to do this too!! I'm still doing research, but I think if I have some people to discuss meal options with I'm down!!! I'll have to join on day 2... day one is almost over!! haha This'll be a cool experiment for me. Now I have to remember to write it all down in my food journal!! ;-)

• first not too shabby! did have some pita chips tho shoot.. lol tomorrows another day to strive for 100!! :]

• AVL - People at work are always buying me chocolate and biscuits, it is sweet but I wish they wouldn't. They always read the ingredients to me because they know I'm fussy but even though I don't want to eat any of those ingredients I always feel bad and say it sounds great, and munch it down to keep them happy, I just can't say no. I need to start thinking about myself rather than just trying to please others. I think you did the right thing though by just eating a little of it.

• Day 2 so far:

Grapes- 1100g

Bananas-1400g

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

I ate about 3 lbs of grapes, 6 bananas, 3 apples, 4 oranges, and a big salad. Not all the things in the salad were 'raw' per-say (canned mushrooms, olives, garbanzo beans, and some seeds) but thats okay. I refuse to obsses over eating non-raw olives, when I could be eating a whole lot worse.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

ultrasurreus wheredja get wild cherries? that's cool!

• Today so far I ate a green smoothie (cantaloupe and collards), one apple, raw pasta (zuchini, tomatos, and nut cheese) and one piece of raw pizza (yum!) and one piece of live fudge.

I felt really really dizzy and almost passed out. Is that common? Has anyone else experienced that? Or know what to do to avoid it?

• Day 2:

Grapes- 1100g

Bananas-1400g

Figs- 225g

Plantains- 300g

Cantaloupe- 1200g

Total Cals- about 2923

Carbs/Pro/Fat Ratio-92/4/4

Today was another great raw day. I feel good, and I have confidence that I can finish the 31 days and then some.

Hope everybody's doing good. Don't give in to cravings! When you think you're satiating a cooked food craving, in reality you're creating a whole host of new cravings which will come back to haunt you in the days to come(experience speaks, lol).

I tell myself that whatever problems I encounter, they have to be solved within the parameters of Raw. There can be no solution using cooked foods!

RawKidChef, I get the cherries from trees growing wild near my workplace. No one picks them because they are kinda sour. I like em though.

Today was sooo crazy (my moms birthday was today!) I barely had time to eat anything but somehow a managed AND no coffee for me! It's so easy to be 100% raw as long as I avoid the coffee shops. :)

Day 2:

Breakfast: a couple bites of leftover papaya and 4 cups pineapple

Lunch: 3 cups of Spirulina Smoothie (a peach, couple of bananas, handul of strawberries, vanilla, spirulina, and stevia)

Snack: a small apple

Dinner: 16 asparagus sticks, half a tomato, and a big bowlful of cabbage, carrot, and green onion coleslaw with a raw celeraic vinaigrette! So good.

I had lunch at 12 pm and wasn;t able to eat dinner until 8:30 pm! Let me tell you I was ravenous! :)

FireFern, I used to feel like that often until I started eating a lot more fruit. My blood sugar gets low very easily and fruits have always brought me right back from the dizzy feeling. Once I started eating more fruit I haven't felt like that at all.

http://iamrawaholic.blogspot.com/

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

FireFern, I also used to get dizzy spells a lot, but now that I eat A LOT of fruit it never happens to me. I can even run first thing in the morning for 13.5km without eating anything and I don't get weak or dizzy. Before becoming raw, I would feel faint if I didn't eat anything before on only ran 9km. So I would suggest that you eat more fruit.

• Thanks you so much for the advice... I am definitely going to try to get more fruit into my diet.

The rest of my eating today was a huge bowl of watermelon with lime squeezed on it and lots of olives. Also a huge banana peach smoothie.

I am so glad everyone is doing so well! Hope day 3 goes great too!!!

• Rawaholic, I know 3 things that can stop coffee in its tracks.

1/ The BELIEF that coffee is dangerous to your health, or the belief that drinking coffee is not in your best interest..

No matter what you do or what technique you use you won't succeed in quitting unless you develop this belief. This isn't just knowing, this is something that is intertwined within your very being.

2/ Lots of rest and sleep.

So much so that you have energy to spare so you won't have to depend on any stimulant.

3/ Plenty of sweet, juicy fruits.

This counteracts the need for the sugar that one gets from coffee.

Good luck!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I ate mostly raw today, except for a bowl of rice and some rice cakes, so I guess it wasn't all raw.

I'm aiming for 100% tomorrow. There's no more rice cakes in my kitchen, so I think I should be good. However, I'm going to my friend's house tomorrow for a small get together. She will have raw vegetables and fruits, but I'm scared to be tempted by the cooked foods. My willpower hasn't been really good lately, especially since I'm supposed to get my period next week. Any suggestions on how to not give in to the cooked foods tomorrow night?

• AVL- usually when I'm going to someones house and I know people will be eating I bring a fun nut bag, with almonds, pumpkin seeds, and goji and dried bluberries. Or I buy Gone Raw pizza flax snacks, or ginger snax. They are delicious. Usually for me its just having the munchies, and keeping my hand and mouth busy is half the battle.

Good Luck!

• SimplyRawesomeSimplyRawesome Raw Jr. Leader

FIreFern,

I too eat a lot of fruit and don't get the dizzy spells, so stepping up the fruit would probably be a good idea.

Breakfast: Superfood Shake and 1/2 liter alkaline water.

I knew I would need this because my sis and I had a four-mile long trail walk planned and I was going to need the energy! The walk was wonderful with the morning temps at 64

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

sup. today i had 23 bananas, 5 pounds of grapes, and atleast 10-15 dates.

long day today, 7 hours on the bike getting to the jersey shore.

STAY RAW.

• AVL - can you make a dessert that will make the SAD eaters jealous? The Triple Chocolate Mud Pie on this site is too good to share!!

FireFern - thank you soooo much for starting this post. It's just what I needed. I was just starting my own RAW challenge but it is so much easier knowing other people are going through the same difficulties. The support is so helpful--it keeps me strong.

• 23 bananas! I dont think I could eat that many in one day. How much food should I be eating. I didnt have much today because today is my sleep day!

Had a BIG green smoothie (spinache, banana, dried coconut, strawberries, 2 tbs salba)

black bean paste w/ green onion, garlic, flax seed, black pepper) and a tomato (black beans werent raw but im working on it)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Well, I know that they will have some veggies and fruit so at least I can eat that. Maybe I'll make raw spaghetti or chocolate balls so at least I will be able to eat something and I'm sure that they will like it too!

the 59sound, WOW 23 bananas! I ate 6 bananas throughout the day, on top of a lot of other thnigs. I find that they affect my bowel movements a lot, where they are a lot firmer (I guess it's a good thing), but I'm used to having them a certain way so it's weird for me. I also ate about 3lbs of grapes!

• Happy 3rd Day!

Today I had a nectarine, apple smoothie. Two apples and some olives. (so far)

Rawfreak4fr- I am so glad you are enjoying the forum as much as I am :D

AVL- Good luck tonight!

The 59 sound- wow 23 bananas that amazing... I think I better eat more too :)

• I've been doing amazingly well so far. First successful monomeals ever:

Breakfast: watermelon

Lunch: 5 bananas (like you AVL I can't imagine how one can eat 23 bananas. Besides, I lose track after 10!).

Snack: 2 mangoes, 1 oz (approx) walnuts, too many handfuls of soaked, dehydrated sunflower--trying to cut down on the fats, but for now I'm happy to be successfully RAW. I'll work on the fats later. I ordered the 811 book, so when that comes it will hopefully help.

Supper: will be guacamole wraps on romaine with sprouts, tomatoes and yellow pepper

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

2 large watermelons (last of the season :/)

a bunch of figs

probably a gallon of water, another long day, got rained on on my way home from the beach, soaking wet but I got a chance to cool off and clean up my bike.

great day today, loving every bit of it. enjoy yourself and stay raw.

About an hour after posting day 2 I had three mangos.

Day 3:

5 cups of pineapple

2 tomatoes and 2 HUGE organic Georgia (that means local) peaches! :)

5 kiwi

1 quart smoothie (3 mangos, 4 bananas, raw honey, vanilla, and cinnamon)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Today I had:

15km run before breakfast

Breakfast: smoothie with 2 bananas, 1 cup blueberries, 10 strawberries & lemon juice

Snack: 1 apple

40min core training (abs)

Lunch: 1 large cantaloupe, 1/4 watermelon, 11 strawberries

Snack: salad with spinach, cauliflower & Braggs, 1 small apples, 5 strawberries

Dinner: 1 zucchini with sauce (1/2 avocado, 2 tomatoes, 1 orange pepper, cilantro, spinach, lemon juice)

1/2 cucumber, seaweed, mushrooms, with 1 tsp sesame oil

2 cups of blueberries

I didn't end up going to my friend's house because I really wanted to make sure I was going to eat raw and I didn't trust myself to be around others and cooked foods. I know it's kind of an antisocial thing to do but I feel better that way.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I just had a banana, so add that to my meals for the day.