Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Join Us! Raw for 31 Days

Comments

• Hey All!

Not doing too well here. I have great intentions every morning making green smoothies, and buying the right food at the co op. But I continue to make bad choices when my husband says he is hungry and wants to stop for fast food.... way too tempting. I am definitely feeling the effect. A HUGE migrane today, and the energy that was increasing is now decreasing. But hopefully this will motivate me to improve (yet again)

I am glad to see everyone else is doing good, and feeling good.

:)

• day 3 for me.

Update on yesterday. I didn't manage to have my green juice in the evening as it was to much of a rush after work. However, I made the kelp noodles and took them up to my Mum's for the family dinner. My husband and I were in charge of picking up all the takeaway on route. I am super proud of myself as I think it was the 1st time that I have no given into temptation and eaten cook food. It really helped that I have made a dish that I love and it was noodles so fitted in with what they where eating. None of my family would try mine! Their takeaway looked so bland and lifeless whereas my dish look vibrant and colourful.

So today

Small green smoothy as still full from last night. Coconut water, 1 banana, half a bag of spinich and sprialina.

I have grapes to munch on and I brought a papaya.

Lunch will be juice of apples, carrots, lemon, cuc, lettace and ginger.

Dinner will be a green juice and not sure what eles yet.

Firefern - it has taken me a year to get to refusing the cooked food like I did last night. It isn't easy when your family, spouse are not helping. I ask my husband to remind me if I go to eat somthing of what I am doing. I also stop for a min and grab my butt as ask myslef if I want it to be any bigger lol. This helps!

Blissings to all

K x

• I'm late , but I'm in with you guys..This morning instead of coffee I juiced celery/dark grapes .Yesterday I was 100% Raw.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Yesterday (Day 6):

double batch of my Coco Cacao Beauty Smoothie (you can find the recipe on my blog)

2 veggie nori rolls (4 romaine leaves, half an avocado, 10 asparagus spears, some tomato, and some onion) with nama shoyu + 50 more asparagus spears wrapped in 6 nori sheets

double batch of Coco Cacao Beauty Smoothie (my coconut water was going to go bad so I needed to use it all up) + 3 medium mangos

I made a new personal record for myself this morning at the pool. I did 100 laps in in 54 min. and 38 sec.!! :D

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

Raw, here I come!

It seems that I kept myself in a 'cooked food closet.' Meaning, to the public was a raw vegan, but behind closed doors I would binge on all sorts of cooked food. Laying in bed the other night, I realized how counter-productive, unthruthful, and sad this behavior was. Either I tell my friends I'm a vegetarian, or I tell them Im a raw vegan. Needless to say, I choose raw. I've trashed my body with SAD food, and now Im healing. I eat raw foods for my health, my weight, and my happiness. YAY!

• Day 7- (and going strong)

Figs

Bananas

Oranges

Grapes

Coconut meat

Pears

Didn't weigh anything today.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

OMG liger99, I feel like sometimes I'm a "cooked food closet" too! It's so not what I want to do.

Today I've had:

40 min jumping rope

40 min running

Breakfast: Smoothie of 2 bananas, 20 strawberries, juice of 1/2 lime

Snack: Apple

Lunch: 1/2 cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew, 1/4 watermelon

Snack: Apple, come cheese (I know not raw, not vegan...so mad at myself for having eaten it)

Dinner: I haven't eaten it yet. Going to go to a sushi restaurant with a friend, and I'm bringing a bag of raw veggies with me, and I will probably have a seaweed salad and I'll try to find something else on the menu.

• :) everybody is doing so well.

I was having an yummy food day yesterday. I drank lots of water in the morning.

Then I made a cucumber carpaccio with balsamic figs (from Russell James' e-book) served with an almond pate.

I drank some hazelnut milk and then a chai tea with hazelnut milk and a little agave (I try not to use agave anymore but this was a treat).

A salad of spinach, broccoli, half an avocado, dulse, braggs, cayenne pepper, avocado oil and a squeeze of orange juice.

And then late evening I went to visit one of my friends and he had bought me a present of these delicate little, pastel-coloured French macarons which he then put on a plate in front of me. I really couldn't reject the offer since they are rather expensive and it would have been rude. So I ate 4 and it was interesting because I used to adore them and now I find them so unpalatable. We also had red wine and a little cheese and I woke up feeling yucky.

So today I have been 100% raw but I still don't feel good.. I didn't eat very well to be honest because I was a little hungover and stuck at work where there isn't much food choice.

2 figs

a handful of raisins

2 watermelon slices

chai tea with hazelnut milk

another handful of raisins

a glass of hazelnut milk

lots more raisins (I never want to see another raisin again, I was stuck in a room with a huge packet of them and was really hungry)

a really tasteless apple from the canteen

same salad as yesterday

chocolate cashew ice cream and a tiny banana and hemp seeds.

• Wild weeds

Water w/ lemon

salad from my garden..no dressing.

1 large Tomato

salad of raw green beans ,and mung spouts

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Just got back from my sushi dinner with my friend and this is what I had:

-Avocado salad (probably 1 entire avocado sliced on some lettuce) with dressing (not sure if it was raw or not)

-Seaweed salad (seaweed with dressing, but not sure if the dressing was raw or not)

-Some edamame beans (not raw, but vegan)

-Fruit salad (when I got home) with small bowl of dairy-free chocolate chips and a bit of granola cereal

So it wasn' t the ideal dinner, but it was better than what I had expected.

Back to normal tomorrow.

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I'm so glad to see that everyone is doing so well. I have been doing pretty well so far. Been vegan so far. Going 100% raw tomorrow.

• Congrats to those of you who are doing so well. Unfortunately, I'm not--been doing lots of stress eating (even meat--how could I?). I know what I want to be eating, but somehow cave in to my carnivore/cooked cravings. Sometimes I feel so alone eating this way and I get sick of swimming against the tide. I still eat at least 85% RAW and will never go back to SAD, but eating 100% seems like am impossibility. Well, just have to pick myself up and try again tomorrow.

Joanna, how is your dad doing? Don't you just hate it when the people you love suffer needlessly?

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

avl, sounds like a good dinner to me... but i love avocadoes a lot! i've honestly never had a seaweed salad- i've just seen that at the store and figured you could get one at a sushi place. was it good?

• Yesterday:

-greens:100gr watercress, 50 gr spinach, one onion, 1/2 cucumber, 4 tomatoes, celery sticks, 1 avocado.

-fruits: 1/2 melon, 2 nectarines, 1 banana with raw cacao, 4 dates, 2 small pears

-extras: courgette hummus ( raw tahini+garlic clove+lemon juice)

Today:

-3 kiwis smoothie 4 breakfast

-green smoothie 4 lunch: spinach, watercress, celery, 1/2 apple, 1 carrot.

( I didnt go to the toilet yesterday :( , so today Im going to try with smoothies If nothing happens in the evening I will eat another smoothie 4 dinner; if everything is ok with the toilet I've planned salad+1 avocado+ some squash slices. Maybe some sunseed pate (sunseeds+lemon

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

joannabanana, ya the seaweed salad was really good! Although it was a good dinner, I felt really heavy this morning and my stomach felt a little sick. So I don't know if it was the dressing in the salad, but something didn't feel right this morning. I even ran 15km when I woke up and I'm still not hungry. I took a few sips of my smoothie, but it's making me feel even more nauseous, so I'll just bring it with me to work and drink it there.

I'll let you know how the rest of the day goes tonight. Have a good day!

Yesterday (Day 7)

breakfast: 5 cups papaya chopped w/ a lime.

lunch: 1/2 a mamey sapote + 8 kiwis

snack: 1 cup grapes

dinner: 1 huge bowl (about 5 cups) of a home made raw coleslaw with cabbage, carrot, and green onions with a celeraic vinaigrette.

dessert: 4 medium mangos

• Yesterday eve I had my green juice and a big salad of spinich, lettace, toms, onion, pumpkin seeds with a dressing made from sunflower seeds galric, lemon juice etc.

Today I wasn't so hungry in the morning so just had water, then at around 10.30am I made a raw body temp choc drink with almond milk, cacao, agave, vanilla and cinnimon. It tasted like Xmas.

I have just made raw mayo (I'm not vegan) with my hens egg yolks (b12), oo, lemon juice. Some of this I have made into a rawslaw with red cabbage and onions. I had a few tastes it totally rocks.

Had a raw sandwich of onion bread with cashew, basil spread. Still not that hungry so I will have a green smoothie, coco water, banna, spinich, sprilina, in a bit then have a sort out dinner later. Got to cook for my SUK hubby.

Off to Brighton tomorrow as I work for a raw food cafe, so no doubt I will get an amazing lunch.

Did half an hour keep fit this am and about an hour bike ride.

Have a magic evening everyone.

K x

• Hello!

I went for a 2 days trip with hubby and it was kinda hard to keep on with the raw diet. I did it, tough! BUt I almost only ate soaked oatmeal with bananas... and a HUGE salad in a restaurant and a lot lot lot of olives. Never ate that much...!

Now back on track i ate almost the same thing as ever. I'm on day 29 today! Tomorrow I will cumplish my 1st month and I feel great!

Good day to everyone!

x

Karine

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

I just found this forum!! I am so excited!! I have been trying to go 100% raw for 2 months now. Each week it gets better and better. Although I definetly have my slip ups, nothing major. A piece of mini chocolate candy here and there, still not acceptable to me! I ordered chocolate macaroons from oneluckyduck.com so they have helped tremendously :)

To all who make their green smoothies...you blend them right? do you juice any of the greens? I made a large green smoothie in the blender this morning, and the texture was horrible, i blended grapefruit, lime, lemon, and a ton of spinach. The taste was good, just not the texture! it was sooo thick.

other than the green smoothie today i have been munching on:

bowl of grapes, strawberries, apples..A ginger snap lara bar (does anyone else have an addiction to lara bars??) ..more apples and.....i'm just going to come on out with it..2 mini dark choc bars. My weaknesses are chocolate and potato chips. For dinner I am planning on making a grape and fig cleanse shake..its delicious:

2 cups grapes (preferably with seeds)

1/2 cup black mission figs

1/2 cup water

ice

cinnamon

xoxo - Kitty

• ^ I'm definitely making that shake. Thank you for the recipe.

Today, I ate a fig and then a green tea and threw up. Has anyone else had this experience with tea? I have been sick from drinking tea before, usually when on an empty stomach.

Then to settle my stomach I had to eat a bit of the salad I had brought for lunch time. Spinach, thin strips of cucumber, capers, half an avocado and avocado oil.

An orange

A mashed banana.

A couple of handfuls of brazil nuts (comfort eating :s)

Chopped broccoli dipped in White Miso Hollandaise (something I created by accident which turned out really good)

Two slices of raw cheese.

• DAY 8

Pears- 450g

Coconut meat- 40g

Honeydew melon- 1050g

Cantaloupe- 880g

Bananas- 1490g

Total cals- 2411

Carbs/Pro/Fat ratio- 87/5/8

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Today was better than yesterday. This is what I ate:

15km run

Breakfast: Smoothie of 2 bananas, 15 strawberries, spinach, juice of 1/2 lime & 1/2 lemon

Snack: Banana, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 red pepper

Lunch: Apple sauce (4 large apples, 15 strawberries, lemon juice, cinnamon)

Snack: 2 large apples

1hour circuit training (abs & jumping rope)

Dinner: 3/4 cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew, 1/4 watermlon

2 cups of berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)

Snack: 1 banana & 1 cup of berries

I didn' t feel like greens tonight, but lots of fruit. I had a bit of spinach this morning, so at least I had a little bit today. Is what I ate ok? I feel like I ate A LOT today, or is it my impression?

• Glad to hear you are doing better AVL!

Welcome Kitty!

Today I ate a smoothei with Acai berries, banana, apple, orange, bee pollen

Apple, Orange

Pepper and Avacado

Raw Tacos

Tea

CONGRATS to Fonky! WOW 1 month that's awesome!!!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

AVL, I would probably eat that much too if I was doing that level of exercise.

I don't know how you find the time to fit that amount of training and eating into your day!

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

39 bananas. Head of celery blended with two lbs of grapes as my sports drink. yesterday was rough training, heavy wind. Burned about 2500 cals and almost broke my banana record. Peace.

• Today has been fantastic, had a green smoothie of grapes, spinich,sprilina and banana.

Lunch at the raw food cafe I work at was a totally tasty sandwich with onion bread and loads of lovely filling with a side of rainbow salad, then I had a raw browine with gogi cream yumie.

Green juice of kale, celery, cuc & lime.

Dinner was lettuce, rawslaw, left over kelp noodles exrtra cuc.

Then I got a sweet craving so got some raw honey, cacao, hemp and sesame seeds mushed it all together with a little water n ate it all up. lovely.

Tomorrow back to the raw food cafe with my husband to make him have a raw lunch.

The weekend will be more difficult, after the raw food cafe lunch as we are away overnight. I will have to take many bananas. Don't think I could ever eat 39 tho lol.

Blissings to all

K x

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

AVL, I wish I had your energy for all that exercise! =]

I am a runner, but an injury, and then laziness is starting to impede. I realized I haven't ran in over 2 weeks! AHH!

Im running tomorrow, lol.

Today was mostly fruit. I had a small salad for lunch, and a bag of carrots in the evening

But for Breakfast:

1/2 Pineapple

2 plums,

1 banana

1 orange

1 apple

Lunch:

Salad of spinah, tomatoes, cauliflower and celery

1 plum

1 apple

Dinner

Fruit salad of 1 pear, 2 apples, 2 banana, 4 oranges, 1 plum, 1 pluot, and 2 lbs of grapes

1 bag of carrots

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Well I don't know how I have so much energy either, but since eating raw I have a lot more energy then before. I wake up at 5am, so I work out before work, and sometimes after work too, before dinner. But I'm not married and I don't have kids, so I have a lot of time on my hands compared to other people!

Breakfast, morning snack and lunch were awesome fruit meals. I'm not going to talk at all about the food that I ate this afternoon (all crap, SAD food).

I'm going for a run now to clear my mind and get back on track after that. I used to be SO GOOD this summer eating almost 100% all the time, what's going on now? Why can't I go more than 1 or 2 days without eating crappy food? I don't get it. I didn't change anything in my life. I don't get it.

AVL, I love how you include your work out regime into you posts on this thread. I think it shows how important raw can and is to exercising and energy in general! The best energy pre-workout drink I ever had was 3 cups of grapefruit juice blended with some strawberries and a little bit of stevia. I got to the pool and swam so fast and hard!! You are amazing with your running. How did you work up to such long runs?

Yesterday (Day 8):

1 small pineapple

leftover raw coleslaw + 1/2 cup mung beans and 6 asparagus spears

4 mangos

1 hour of karate

1 big pineapple sprinkled w/ a little bit of agave as a treat

=========

Today (Day 9): grocery shopping and house cleaning day!

2/3 of a honeydew melon

a huge salad (romaine, alfalfa sprouts, cabbage, tomato, cucumber, peas, broccoli, red onion, artichoke hearts with black pepper and a drizzle of sesame oil)

2 cups watermelon

smoothie (1 peach, 6 strawberries, handful of blueberries, 3 small mangos, 3 bananas, raw honey, bee pollen, and vanilla)

4 cups watermelon

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Thanks Rawaholic!

I''ve been running for about 6 years now. I remember when I first started I could run more than a few meters before getting out of breath. The maximum distance I used to run was 10km and I was exhausted, but recently I've been able to run more without even getting really tired. I usually stop at 15km, but I'm sure that I could run at least 20km. I attribute all of my energy and quick recoveries to eating raw. I don't need to eat before my runs, and I don't feel dizzy during or after my runs either since beginning to eat raw.

It's awesome that you swim, it's a great workout too!

Congrats on eating so well, you sure beat me with that!