My son got a fever,question about "colloidal Silver"

malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie
in Family

Hi. I was staying over my mom with the kids. My mom got a fever while i was there(friday).

I came home and 24 hrs later my son 3 yrs old got the fever (101.5)and cough. My mom went to the Doc and he said she got the regular flu.

I HATE to give my kids antibiotics or tylenol. My husband recently bought "Colloidal Silver" and i started giving it to him. If this is a throat infection,do you think it will be taken care with this? i am new to this thing but my husband said it works wonders.

Any comments?> Thanks!!!

Comments

• malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

Ohh and how often should i give it to him???

• I personally think colloid silver is worse. I wouldnt give it.

• FortuneFortune Raw Newbie

I use colloidal silver with great effects. It is a powerful anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, etc. It is good for infections but I am not sure about using it with a fever. I would be cautious especially because he is young, and the long term effects of colloidal silver on children has not been well documented.

Fresh ginger is an anti-inflammatory, as is turmeric. Ginger tea can be helpful with flu and cold symptoms, but it may be hard for your little one to drink as the flavour is quite strong. You could try making a compress with both ingredients for his forehead (or wherever else is very warm and feverish), and covering it with a warm wash-cloth. It may tinge his skin a little yellow but it should help.

Also, it is important to let illness run its course. Stopping a fever with medicine like tylenol confuses the body, often prolonging the sickness. Instead, take good care of him, give him lots of liquids and simple foods to digest like fruit, and rest, rest, rest.

• SimplyRawesomeSimplyRawesome Raw Jr. Leader

I swear by colloidal silver for preventing sickness, but as far as a fever in toddlers, other than a luke warm bath, I'm not sure. My "babies" are 21 and 19, so it's been a while and I was not raw back then, so I probably gave them grape chewable Tylenol.

We recently discovered ACF (Allergy, Cold, Flu) by Buried Treasure and have had great success with it, and it does include colloidal silver!! A lot of people are afraid of colloidal silver because of "Papa Smurf" but he made his own and drank gallons a day!! YIKES!! I take 2 droppers full only when someone around me is sick or I feel like I'm coming down with something and it always works - without fail! The ACF would be excellent for your mother. I got mine at my local natural market.

The directions on the bottle only say to give 1-2 TBSP to Adults. Nothing about children other than to "keep out of reach of children." Not that (I can imagine) they would touch it with a 10' pole!!

As for your son, I found the following on Mother Nature dot com.

Fevers account for about one-third of all visits to pediatricians. Most fevers are due to a simple cold or flu, but do not be too quick to reduce your child's temperature. According to David Lang, M.D., chief of pediatrics at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, "The body is wiser than we; we shouldn't interfere with normal body responses to illness just because we can." Many pediatricians recommend staying calm and forcing a fever down only if the thermometer reaches 103

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Don't stop a fever! It is your bodies defense mechanism against germs. It raises the temp to kill off foreign bodies, making it in inhabitable place for them to live. Fevers aren't a need for concern unless they go over 103 in children...and even then your body has a "shut-off" switch at around 104.5 for illness. I know, it is very hard (!) to watch your baby with a temp, and their eyes are all sad and their cheeks are all rosy from the fever but you really will be doing the best thing if you let the fever run its course. By lowering a fever, it allows the germs to live and multiply and the illness to take hold. Fevers aren't bad or negative things, that just means your son has a healthy immune system and it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do to keep him healthy. =) Just make sure he drinks plenty of fluids so he doesn't get dehydrated...don't force food unless he asks for it so his body can use that energy to fight off the illness instead of digesting. I'm sure he will be up and at 'em in no time!

• If it is just a flu then there's nothing you can do to cure it, only relieve the symptoms.

There's been plenty of good advice - i'd like to add, the following herbs can provide relief when brewed as tea:

- catnip (relaxant)

- white willow (contains salicin - which converts to salicylic acid in the body, salicylic acid is the chemical used to make aspirin) (analgesic, anti inflammatory)

- Feverfew (analgesic, anti inflammatory)

colloidal silver:

colloidal silver refers to silver particles suspended in a liquid or gas.

why is it supposed to work?

Silver is a catalyst in for oxidation - which kills kills certain types of bacteria by changing the atomic structure of their outer membranes, essentially 'suffocating' them.

Colloidal silver is used as an anti-bacterial because the dispersion of particles in liquid, usually water, allows the silver to travel 'into' other compounds, which it couldn't do if it was in a sold form.

does it work as an anti-bacterial in the body?

Silver definitely has the ability to kill certain types of bacteria.

what's debatable is whether it's effective against infections which are constantly evolving and mutating, as it cannot destroy multi-celled bacteria in the same way it can single celled bacteria.

what's also debatable is whether a colloidal form actually allows the sliver to penetrate the necessary regions of the body for it to be able to kill the bacteria.

is it dangerous?

you can overdose on silver the same what you can overdose on any heavy metal, too much silver in the body causes Argyria.

You should be very careful which brand you buy, as they will have different concentrations of silver.