is this meal plan okay doing 80/10/10?

BREAKFAST:3 large kiwifruits + 3 large oranges + celery sticks + spinach + tomatoes.

LUNCH: 6 bananas + 2 apples

SNACK: grapes + 2 apples OR 1/2 melon

DINNER:3 pears then salad of

cauliflower+pepper+spinach+red cabbage+zucchini.

do you think this is okay?

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

yeah sure! i think it sounds delicious!

• hannahmariehannahmarie Raw Newbie

any greens? i think you should include greens in your salad. if you are planning on eating the same thing every day you might want a little more variety.

• spinach is a green! and i have lettuce alot too and bok choy!

spekgirl, how do you eat bok choy? do you eat the whole thing? i've eaten it once but didn't like the taste of the leaves.

• yer i do but i food procss it so it s nice and mixed with all eles i do agree not the nicest tasting on its own.

oh i'm sorry, i must have missed the spinach when i was looking at it! sorry.

ok, so you do eat things other than that?

i support 80/10/10 and enjoyed doing that when i first tried out raw and think i will make my way back that way, but many people lack variety on it, it seems.

• yer i eat bok choy and all different types of lettuce but ill be honest im not to sure about this diet its very hard and i dont know if i do feel to great on it : / still not to sure

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

"Variety" isn't necessarily a good thing for our systems each day or each meal; eating simply can be a good thing.

i agree, superfood2, i believe that evolutionarily we did eat a lot of the same thing at once, etc., BUT if you ate the same thing every single day i do not think that that would necessarily be a good thing (not definitely a bad thing, either, it definitely depends)

spekgirl, i would just go with whatever works for you! many people don't like so much fruit... i LOVE it!

you know what i just realized? do you eat any seeds/nuts/avocado? don't they usually incorporate a small amount into the salads in 80/10/10?

Some 80/10/10ers eat no overts but others will eat 1/3 of an avocado per day or 1 oz. nuts (or less).

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

i just ate no overts for 1.5 months and it was le suck. i totally don't recommend it. there must be some minerals in nuts and seeds that are essential.

That's not true. Maybe you feel better with overts but some people feel better without. Of course they eat plenty of greens, though.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

zinfandel, I have not had any nuts and seeds in many months and very little avocado and yet I feel fine.

spekgirl, that meal plan looks fine. Just make sure you eat enough sweet fruit to satisfy you. :)

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com

• i think i need to include just one cup of cooked legumes everything eles will be raw but i feel my body needs this

• Joannabanana- I am munching on a bok choy salad right now! This is the first crop in a while from our organic farmer so I bought 8 heads! I LOVE bok choy! I just mix olive oil, nama shoyu and garlic in the vitamix and throw over the bok choy (I think I got the recipe from rawvolution). Its a staple for me when in season.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

I wish I felt fine on no overts, but alas. I wound up with a weaker body and a flab tire around my belly and an extended recovery time after workouts. I am going to start experimenting with nuts and seeds.

Do you have any tips?

zinfandel, i've gotten so much stronger since going raw- i've added 20 lbs to my bench press since september! haha it's really exciting for me since i'm a powerlifter. i don't eat nuts or seeds often (just on a holiday when i make dessert) but i do eat avocadoes and find that they fill me up and give me energy through a workout.

maybe try hemp seeds. i've tasted them and they are really delicious. just sprinkle on a salad or in a smoothie.