can you eat raw soaked over night chickpeas?

is this safe i tried it and there not to bad just want to know if its okay?

Comments

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

its better to let them sprout little tails. Ive heard of people getting sick off of soaked chickpeas whereas other people do ok. So i say- try a small amout and judge how you feel.

• hmm I have the same question. I soak lentils two days and they are ok ( I eat them cos I know they are good but dont really like it ).

Also with rice, I saw raw recipes with soaked rice but its impossible for me to eat! so hard! Maybe I dont soak well...dont know

• okay i think i going to have cooked like why are they so bad for you just because there not raw i mean they are beans for crying out loud we cannot be perfect we are allowed to eat a little bit of cooked foods right?

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

What kind of rice was it? I've seen wild rice in recipes (which isn't really rice at all), but I've never heard of plain old rice being used. I did see some red rice in a raw vegan store, but wondered if it was a wild rice and not real rice.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

spekgirl, if you want to cook them go ahead. you are right, they are still a perfectly healthy and whole vegan food option that is good for you. just because it is not raw does not mean that you should not eat it. i was 100% raw for 5 months and found that it gave me a couple of nutritional problems even though i got enough calories and took raw vitamins, and ate my superfoods. Now I include little bits of cooked food here and there (chickpeas! lentils ect) and I am feeling better than ever. remember no one is perfect and what is right for someone else might not be right for you :) thats just my two cents

Michal

• I cook my beans and lentils. but because they are sprouted they don't need to be cooked so long mostly 2 to 10 minutes is enough. Soy beans should be cooked 20 minutes.

(but the only ones i don't cook are mungo beans )

• I sprout chickpeas, lentils, rice and a few beans, and I love it! They're so much better nutritionally when they're sprouted too.