Apples, apples and more apples-- recipe ideas?

Hello everyone!

I just went apple picking and have about 2 bags of fresh apples, all different kinds. This means that I'm up for new recipes with lots and lots of apples. I'd appreciate any recommendations and favorite recipes :)

Also: I have a dehydrator, but no juicer.

Thanks!

D.

---

Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does. James 1:23-25

Comments

• I just made a raw apple pie with whipped cashew cream for Thanksgiving! Apples are fantastic. I agree with the applesauce idea, nothing is better than fresh applesauce:-) Mmmm!

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

I love sliced apples with raw honey, chopped walnuts, raisins, and cinnamon... it works best with a tart apple since the honey is so sweet! Picking apples is great...enjoy them!

• Wow, thanks everyone... I'm already psyched to try some of these :)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Applesauce!

joannabanana's recipe is really good!

Also try putting 2 apples and about 7 strawberries, a bit of lemon or lime juice and cinnamon in a food processor. So good!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

make applesauce! raw, fresh applesauce tastes way better than the packaged stuff. i pulse 3 apples in the food processor then add 2-3 medjool dates and a dash of ground cinnamon. this is so delicious- i really want to make it now.

also try apple chips. i thinly slice apples and then dehydrate them. i like to peel mine though because the skin becomes tough. i usually do 8-12 hours depending on the temperature of your dehydrator. they come out so sweet.

maybe make a raw apple pie, too! ani phyo has a raw apple pie recipe in her book if you have it. if you don't, i could email you the recipe. i'm too lazy to go get the book hahah

• apple smoothie

2 apples

big piece of ginger root

some cinnamon

agave syrup to taste

some water

yum

• rawmaidenrawmaiden Raw Newbie

Yummmm......apples are best this time of year, especially here in NY. I just cut them up, add some walnuts, coconut, pecans, goji berries, agave nectar, some cinnamon and just eat it in a bowl....it is sooo goood. Check out some of the apple pie recipes on this site.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

The apple cobbler off this site is one of the nicest things I've ever made - can definitely recommend!

• cupcakes revengecupcakes revenge Raw Newbie

spiced apple pie! And with the leftover spiced apples, add them to some sweetened vanilla yogurt with chopped pecans!!

• I like my applesauce. de-seed & stem 4 apples. put in blender with some cinnamon, a splash of lemon juice and about 6 soaked almonds. its yummy

• Shredded apples and sweet potato with cashew mayo mixed in. Yum.

• oh wow, i'll have to try that... interesting combo

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

mmm i am so making that raw apple sauce, that sounds delicious!