Raw food can cure candida?

Hello!

I was searching over internet about some symptoms that I have ( low energy, feel dizzy in the morning, constipation, gas, tired all the time....even Im 100% raw) and I found candida articles...I have the symptoms...I've made the saliva test this morning, and according to the results I have candida overgrowth :(

Before I thought could be detox symptoms but the test reveals candida!! :(

My question is if raw food diet can cure candida, 'cos I dont really want to take the pills and remedies that websites about candida suggest...

Any special food against candida? and what about fruits? They say not to eat fruits at all. :(

So, if someone has "natural" remedies against candida or food that can "kill" candida, please tell me. I dont want to take pills but if it is the only option I'd consider it.

Im worry and sad 'cos Ive never had a heath problem ( maybe I had candida before, dont know) and I dont know what to do,what to eat, if I need pills... :(

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I would follow 80.10.10 and you'll be fine. I don't go by it exactly (I still eat some sort of fat everyday) , but I had Candida overgrowth before I did and now it's gone.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

Incorporating things like cinnamon, garlic, and wild oregano oil helps kill it off. They all have anit-fungal properties. Probiotics are good - I get mine from vegan supplements but also raw saurkraut and umeboshi paste in salads. The prebiotic Inulin is supposed to be good as well (feeds the probiotics) and can be found in jerusalem artichoke syrup sweetner. I'm not sure if it's raw...I got it through a raw vegan source, but didn't check as closely as I should have. It's supposed to be used as a sweetner, but it alters the taste quite a bit. It's yummy striaght but I've had a hard time finding something to combine it with.

I think the 80.10.10 may change pH and that would probably help kill off the candida (although I haven't tried that). Candida made my lupus symptoms so bad I was desparate and took the Nystatin I was prescribed. The die-off symptoms were horrible for a couple months, but now I'm doing waaayyy better.

• Fruit can really exacerbate Candida symptoms in some people, myself included. A low glycemic diet helps balance out the Candida. I have heard of some people healing themselves of Candida with the 811 diet and I have heard of others who developed an overgrowth of Candida on that diet. I eat a low glycemic diet and take probiotics, this is what works for me. Good luck with your healing!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Some people eat too much fat and don't wait enough time to notice a difference.

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

I have found that a fiber supplement helps significantly to support the beneficial bacteria and discourage overgrowth of non-benefitial organisms. Fiber also absorbs the bi-products of the candida metabolic processes, which ultimately is what makes you feel sick. I have excellent results with Mercola's fiber product, which is organic and also contains inulin. I don't think it's raw though, but it really helped me.

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

Here is the link where you can purchase the psyllum fiber I use.

http://organicindia.mercola.com/Psyllium.aspx/

Mercola's explanation of the benefits of fiber is good too! :)

I hope you feel better soon.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

hi! i had candida from eating a raw gourmet diet rich in fat! i had it for months and tried every diet and nothing worked until i started eating a low-fat raw vegan diet of predominantly fruits with some veggies (no salt, oils, supplements, and overt fats). i instantly felt better and after 2 days all my candida symptoms were gone for good. i did not have "die off" or detox symptoms. i felt better and better everyday.

in my experience, a diet high in fat is the culprit, not sugar from fruit. i started a thread a while ago about fruit because i was saddened by the misinformation being spread about one of the most nutritious, whole foods that nature provides for us. here's the link:

http://goneraw.com/forum/why-are-so-many-site-afraid-fruit

hope this helps!

• Thanks a lot! Im going to eat more fruits. I will order oregano oil as well.

:)

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

hi lulushka! hope all is well!

• amberablueamberablue Raw Newbie

good luck to you.

just want to add my story in case anything in here helps. i got candida over a year ago about 4 months after going raw. it was due to having mono earlier that year, coupled with adrenal burnout and iron/vitamin deficiency... this combination triggered it. i literally was like superwoman and then in one week like i could barely go to the market!

i cured it by eliminating all sugars (fruits included, except berries) fermented items (vinegars, etc), beets, carrots, wheat/grains, mushrooms, etc. there are different theories but this definately worked for me. also, taking one clove of garlic upon waking, waiting one half hour, then taking probiotics, waiting another half hour...before first meal of day... hassle i know!!! but this worked wonders. garlic kills candida, probiotics repopulate good bacteria or whatever. this regiment took me the extra mile to finally getting better. only even did this 3 days a week. but starving the yeast by eliminating sugars also helped. also, make sure you are taking multivitamin, that you do not have any other vitamin deficiencies, and that you are getting enough protein. read lots!!! this is a very complicated subject and still very little real research out there... so see what works for you. the only reason i am writing is because i did have it and did cure it naturally within 3 months... i feel for anyone with candida because i felt so helpless at times, and was so amazed when i kicked it!