Mixing cooked/raw foods and aslo spices

So, I’m wondering:

-If I have a veggieburger for dinner with a veggiepatty with loads of fresh, raw lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot and stuff like that, is the cooked veggiepatty going to sort of destroy the benefits of the raw foods? Or if I make a spagetthisauce out of raw ingredients and pour it over pasta, is that going to ruin everything.

I’m asking because dinner is probably the only meal I eat during the day that is cooked anymore and that’s pretty much only because it’s the only meal I eat with my non raw boyfriend.

And also: spices… I like cinnamon and pepper and lemon pepper and all sorts of spices, paprika and yea, just about everything. These are dried versions, is this harmful? Should I make my own spices?? And if so, how?

Thanks for all input :)

Comments

• im going to Bump this because i would also like to hear some peoples input on the matter. im pretty much the same as above – i eat raw all day but for now dinner is usually somewhat cooked (like above)

• Hello Marienord and Magdi

I wouldn’t be so worry if it was you, if occasional you eat cooked food just make sure you eat plenty of green leafy vegetables in order to balance the toxines in the cooked food, please remember that it is not just food that will make you achieve optimal health, but it is food combined with lifestyle, never be too hard with your body and never force it to any excess, do anything in moderation using your common sense, if you eat cooked food try to not eat animal products at least, if it happens you eat cooked food is not the end of the world if your body is loaded with important nutrients and antioxidants from fruit , vegetables and superfoods and if your lifestyle is tuned with the law of nature, Magdi please read the thread ” don’t be afraid of the sun” for some infos about lifestyle, Please don’t hesitate to contact me at dancharming10@aol.com if you need any help during your raw jurney

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

It’s better to eat some raw than none, but you will see greater benefits when you go completely raw. Cooked food has lost it’s nutritive value. It’s more difficult to digest and takes longer to get through the track.

One rule of some raw foodists is that if you can’t make a meal of it, it isn’t a healthy food. This is a transitional group, based on the posted recipes. I think that eating spicy foods should be limited, but I have not cut them out of my diet. If you like spices, try to find raw, organic sources, not the heated ones from the grocery store that probably contain preservatives.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I am helping my mother become more raw, and what you are describing is precisely how she is doing it…all raw until dinner, and then as raw as possible at dinner. It will take longer for your body to see the results, but it will happen slowly. Just try to make sure that when you eat a non-raw item, it is the healthiest that it can be (for example, sprouted whole wheat bread instead of white bread, use freshly made almond milk in your coffee, etc.). I transistioned to all raw in this way a little over a year ago. Once you introduce the “good” stuff into your body, you will start to want it more and more until eventually you will be mostly raw. Then, you make the commitment to finish that extra 5-10%, and you are there! Good luck!

• marienord,

This is how I’m doing this too! And I was having the same feelings as you, that I was ruining all that I was doing during the day. I’m glad that you posted this because it makes me see that I’m not alone in the slow transition

• Wow, it looks like many of us have the same idea! I was actually having the raw marinara with cooked pasta for lunch and I too was wondering if it was even worth it. I am glad it is!

• :D Haha.

Well, here’s a story for you all:

This whole week I’ve been only eating raw up until dinner, except for one time where I was like, I just couldn’t stand the thought of eating dinner at all, I was just not hungry so I had half a cataloupe melon instead.

Yesterday my boyfriend and I, and all our friends decided to meet up at this mexican joint that I LOOOOVE! It’s the one food I could live on for the rest of my life, or so I thought up until yesterday. I JUST COULDN’T FINISH MY MEAL! I felt so full after just a couple of bites of beans and rice, it was horrific. My friends looked at me like I was an anorexic or something, but I just couldn’t bring myself to eat anymore of it. So I shoved the beans and rice aside and instead just ate the salad…. I surprised myself.

Anywho: That’s good that alot of you feel the same way as I do, because it is really hard. Only, now it’s not so hard anymore, because I’ve actually come pretty much to close that I CAN eat raw. It’s been such a chore for me up untill yesterday, when the chore became eating the cooked food.

• Wow! That’s great! I can’t wait until I get to that point – I still love spicy beans and rice.