Greens?

I've read a lot that implies that concentrating on eating lots of raw greens is the best way to go for health and particularly weight loss. Can anyone tell me more about this from experience? I'm new to raw so please excuse me if I sound ignorant or if I ask silly questions! :)

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Greens are amazing. If you want to incorporate alot of them I'd start drinking green smoothies. I love salads with four different kinds of greens and eating a head of lettuce for a meal. They make your skin, hair and insides feel so good! Don't be surprised if your poo comes out with a greenish tint! haha, sorry for tmi

• I love kale!!!! I eat it all the time now, whereas this time last year I was only just on my way. But I love to make kale salad (Alissa Cohen's recpie) and can eat a whole bunch of kale at once. Also, green smoothies are amazing. According to Victoria Boutenko's research (Green for Life) greens meet almost all human nutritional needs. Kale chips are awesome too. The Cheezy Kale Chips recipe on this site is delicious ;)

• Thanks for all your replies :)

I'm hoping to experience all the benefits of greens and at some point, actually crave them :D

Just finished my morning green smoothie, which I already crave so maybe I'm on my way!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

They are rich in minerals... and have amino acids (the building blocks of protein)... not to mention chlorophyll.

They are also not acidic... and that's good for pH balance (since most people tend to be more acid).

They also help with stomach acid.

Definitely check out Boutenko and her Ode to the Green Smoothie:

http://greensmoothiesblog.com/green-smoothie-facts/