Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

E.D take-down support group!

2»

Comments

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Hey vegan kid! I am glad that you are here wanting to be a support! That is so great! Come to my blog if you want to help out there to ok? www.edtakesdownsupport.blogspot.com.

Zinfendel- I totaly agree with you. It holds us back in every aspect of life. I am now committing myself to meditation as well. I feel like it is the last step in confirming my recovery. I am glad that you are better, and glad to see here here supporting others.

Mikfizzle- I know that you will be fine. Maybe try journaling, figure out what you are feeling and why this time of year causes you to have feelings that you want to push down with eating? I also suggest meditation, it really helps center.

Hey, is everyone out there doing ok?

• Hi everyone, I was just reading through the posts in this

thread and a lot of things really struck a chord with me;

although I've never had a clinically diagnosed eating

disorder, I've had a lot of body image issues and obsessive

anxieties about food and eating that I've been able to resolve

since going raw.

It really breaks my heart to see such beautiful, amazing women

struggling with eating disorders. I personally was sick of

being always focused on my body and what I was eating and not

being able to just go out and live my life. I wanted to share

a couple of the tools that have really helped me in my healing

process.

Do any of you guys know about Emotional Freedom Technique?

It's a really easy therapy that uses pressure points and

positive affirmations to help relieve and anxiety and bring

about peace and mental clarity. It doesn't take long to learn

it at all; you can get a free e-book about it from

emofree.com. I used to binge eat all the time, but since I've

started using this, I've gone two weeks with almost no anxiety

related to food, no binges, no regret...I've just honestly

enjoyed my (mostly raw, vegan) food, and it's been so

wonderful. It has really helped me get to the bottom of some

of the emotional issues behind my eating patterns.

I also love Angela Stokes's book Raw Emotions, which is

helpful if you come from a background of binge eating or

overeating. It's really a beautiful, compassionate book.

I hope these are helpful. I've been able to come back to a

state of peace and normal eating, and I know you guys can too.

I'll be thinking about you and praying for you!

• liger99liger99 Raw Newbie

What do you do after a binge?

I succeeded in not purging, which is major, but now I dont know what to do. Ive gained weight from months of binging and purging, and now I dont know what to do, ot how im going to get through it. Please help

• liger99, today is a new day and do something to stop the cycle. I delt with this when I gained 20lbs from traveling around in europe. Do you feel bad when you binge on raw vegan food? If not then I would say eat a bowl of nice strawberries or apple. The sweetness will satisfy your craving and it will be good for your body too .. and low in cals if your counting like most of us do. I delt with body image problems and was in an awful cycle or restricting, binging, and sometimes purging. I have a blog www.myreallyrawlife.blogspot.com .. I am so devoted to it and helping others so follow it if you like. I have great raw vegan low fat recipes that I am adding to it with photos so keep checking it. Dont get down on yourself because of a binge, your already being healthier by asking for help and knowing about raw veganism.

I hope this helps.. :D Have a great day!!!

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

Sorry if I am saying something stupid here, but I just want to help.

I don't have an ED, but I find myself thinking more about food when I have to decide what and how much to eat four times a day. I know the problem you all face is much bigger than this, but maybe it would help to have a menu already planned for each meal, where you state the foods and the amounts. All you need to do is sit at the end of the day and write down what you ate and what you would like to keep from that day s menu. After two weeks, you will have a planned menu that you can use as a guide for the next two weeks. The certainty of knowing what food comes next and the next day and so on may help diminish your anxiety, as well as the time you spend thinking about food . At least it does help me.

I whish you all the best.

Hello! I am happy to hear you guys talking again! Liger- I hink the first step is to just forgiving yourself. You have to just accept yourself as you are right now, bingeing and all. The self hatred is only going to make it worse. I really believe that healing starts with self love, just as you are, right now.

• I'm in the same boat, bulimia/anorexia interchangeably for almost 2 years now (ugh.) Becoming vegan really helped, and now I find that moving towards more raw is even better.

DD, I love the idea of a re-binge journal, I'm going to do that next time, I really think it will help!

I think raw can be a slippery slope for people with eds - since the restrictions can so easily become a form of control, but I think it can also be amazingly helpful in terms of becoming healthy again.

Good luck guys.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you all know, that I have made my own website for the butt kicking of eds! I want everyone to come and join! It is a totaly interactive site, and I want everyone to feel like they have some place to go and talk about all that is going on. www.edtakedown.ning.com. Thanks you guys, lets do this together, ok?

Hey everyone! I have noticed a really rapid decline in people posting here, and I know that there has been a bit of a commotion over all the eating disorder talk on here as of late. I really really believe that talking and opening up and getting support and feedback are a hige part of recovery. So I would be very happy if we could move this topic to my website www.edtakedown.ning.com. That way we can still talk and share, and leave this site for raw fod talk? Are you with me anyone? Thank you!

• thanx everyone for being so honest.

i have a very negative body image and it fuels overeating.

i've been doing pretty well lately.