Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hello, Everyone!

Comments

• Hi everyone!

I'm Sarah and I have been vegan for a while now, having been vegetarian before that. I am now making the transition into eating raw vegan food. I love how I have been feeling lately - and how much more energy I have (is that even possible? :)) Looking for some support on this forum as I have very little in the people I'm surrounded by. Most are negative and judgmental about it. Oh well, you can't please everyone. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!!

Sarah

• miranimalmiranimal Raw Newbie

Hello Everyone!

I have been creepin' on this site for a while and I thought I should finally join! I really enjoy and appreciate how supportive and encouraging most are on this site and I look forward to participating in the conversation. I have been dabbling pretty heavily in a lowfat raw vegan diet for a couple of weeks and am feeling great. My skin looked like a minefield for a while but it is now clearing up and looking glow-y. I feel great every morning when I wake up and have been enjoying adding new regimens like dry brushing and oil pulling and am having fun with going to the market and enjoying Michigan's seasonal produce!

Here's to having energy naturally and enjoying life's adventure!

• FrannieGreenFrannieGreen Raw Newbie

Hello, my name is Frannie. I've been lurking around goneraw for a few weeks. Love it! I am 19 days 100% raw. Feeling wonderful.

Lost 7 lbs....that was a surprise for me. I like the feeling of being satisfied and not bloated which I felt on the SAD (Standard American Diet).

I was challenging myself to 2 weeks 100% raw.....but I've gone beyond that, to day 19.

I love trying new recipes and creating my own.

My best to all.

Kindly,

Frannie

• Hi everybody!

I started to cut out sugar and processed foods a few months ago and recently began to go raw. i don't want to go 100% raw, but i think around 75% would be great for me. I'm also interested in combining foods properly and see if it has any affect on my health.

as raw is absolutely unknown in my part of the woods, i'm so glad to find others here to share thoughts! =)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Hi dancing_barefoot (cute name). Welcome to the forum! :D

Swayze

• thanks a lot swayze! =)

• Hi, I'm just on day 3 of a raw diet. I'm trying to be 99% raw, the only thing I've still been using is a splash of balsamic in my salad. I'll figure out a replacement for that. I'm eating monomeals during the day and then salad in the evening. My goal is to eat mostly whole foods and avoid processed vegan / raw foods that are an attempt to mimic non-raw foods. (I do like blended frozen banana though! Good if you also add bits of other frozen fruit.) I got "The Live Food Factor" which I'm looking forward to reading. I understand from the reviews that it lays out some of the different approaches to raw. I'm doing all of this to get healthier and get rid of nasty eating patterns I've had of undereating / overeating on processed crap food. I also would like to lose some weight, but I'm pretty sure it will just come off if I stay away from processed foods. This site is super helpful, and I'm glad I found it. Hope to make some connections in the community. :)

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

such an amazing story bellesfleurs! i am so happy you have found raw food! I too had no where else to turn but to myself for the answers. It led me to the power of healing naturally with what the universe already provides. it's their big secret. Don't ever believe the lies again. you can heal yourself. You can Be kind to her, and she'll be kind to you. :) always remember there will be someone here that can offer a kind word, or an amazing recipe, or much needed encouragement. With each other we can follow this wonderful path. Best of Luck & good wishes on the rest of your raw journey..

• My name is Ian, and I am attempting a raw food lifestyle to learn more about it. I am currently a vegan who sometimes eats fish when out rating restaurants. I consider myself a wannabe-foodie, so I have a blog and whatnot. This is more about doing what is best for my body and feeling great :D It's a pleasure to be a part of the community!

• Hi - I'm Janice. New to Raw (been raw about 2 months) found this site linked in someone's blog - not sure who. I live near Baltimore Md.

Off to look around!

• Hi, my name is Leah. I just recently decided to try the raw food lifestyle. I have multiple sclerosis (diagnosed in June 2008), and quite a few of the meds I take and foods I eat wreak havoc on my stomach. Actually, MS in general seems to wreak havoc on my stomach. Anyway, I've been doing some research on natural and healthy alternatives for treatment of my disease, and management of my symptoms (there is no cure), and I was introduced to the raw food lifestyle by a few moms who have a raw food forum on another site I frequent. Right now, I just hope to learn as much as possible. I'd also like to lose weight, and this is difficult to do, when you have a disease that significantly affects your ability to move.

• Hi all recovering junk food junkie here, trying to go raw bit by bit day by day :) figured best to start eating healthy and totally cut out all my weak food choices :)

• Hello everyone. I've been vegetarian for many years. I've been vegan the past two or more years. I've just begun to research a raw diet and want to practice asap. I find what little I've seen from this site to be informative and encouraging.

• Hello everyone!

I'm rather new to raw... I did a LOT of research before diving in (as a registered dietitian, the raw diet is not exactly well accepted, so I wanted to know all the details I could!) But I liked what I found, so I decided to be my own test subject :) I switched for about 2 months before my wedding, and felt AMAZING! Sadly, afterwards, the reception food was there, the cake was there, then the holidays soon followed... and I fell off the bandwagon, so to speak. So, I'm trying to climb back aboard! I have minimal support - hubby is supportive of increasing raw foods, but he's still at about 50%, while I'd like to get back to the 80-100%+ I was at before. I don't know any raw foodies in my area, so gathering info, sharing recipes, eating out with like-minded people, and learning some of the newer things (sprouting, making my own kombucha, etc) seem intimidating for me. (etc, etc.) So, I hope I can gather good help and support here!

• I'm Mona...and it's way past my bedtime.

So some quick tidbits about me before I shut the laptop...

- Raised vegetarian, been vegan for 9 years.

- 10 months ago (Feb 09) switched to 100% raw and I'm loving it.

- Energy levels are way more...level!

- I have the smoothest skin since I can remember. Sometimes I brush up against myself and I'm like, "Dang, I am smooooooth!"

- Unintentionally lost 50 pounds. (Weight wasn't the reason that I went raw, but I'm grateful for the new body shape.)

- Being raw has made me love food again and love being in the kitchen for the first time in my life too.

Happy to be here with you all to learn and share and support.

xoxo

P.S. If you're on Twitter, come follow me and tell me you're from Gone Raw so I can recognize you!

http://twitter.com/monagrayson

• Hello ! /waves

This is my first post, I'm a 27 gal from Arizona and me and my boyfriend changed to 100% raw very recently. I'm obese and boyfriend is morbidly obese from a lifetime of the standard American diet. Right now I'm on my 4th day, and today I'm going to clear out our kitchen today of non living foods, we're going to give them away. We also are planning on getting a dehydrator. It such a relief to know I never have to turn on the oven dial again, lol

I'm excited to be here and inspired by you raw food veterans. I have much to learn, /yay

P.S. I made my name dandelion because I used to eat them from the ground in high school, and I just learned recently they are edible. YUM

• Hello everyone! I'm sooo glad to join you guys :) I've been mostly raw vegan for a couple of years now. I was a junk food vegan for about 3 years before that and an ovo/lacto vegetarian for 17 years. As a raw vegan I lost 60 pounds and kicked my depression :) but I still need help with the emotional eating part and not sabotaging myself, so if anyone can recommend any books that have helped them, please let me know.

I'm excited to find some new raw vegan peeps. :)

• Hello Everyone,

Became a vegan May 10, 2009 and lost 40 lbs in 4 mos. Lately been trying to go 100% raw, but always had to eat something cooked at night. This past Monday I fasted all day and that was my jumpstart to go all raw. If I could eat nothing all day, I certainly could eat raw all day. So I have only been completely raw for three days now. I read Victoria Boutenko's book "Green for Life" and now I am reading her book "12 Steps to Raw Foods". Looking forward to learning tons about eating raw!

• hello from philadelphia

I was a mostly vegan vegetarian and now i'm new to raw, only 5 days so far but love it! I already have much more energy and happiness. I'm really noticing that i'm appreciating my food so much more. Before, i used to always cook tomatoes and broccoli and didn't really think about them much when i ate them, but now when i eat tomatoes and broccoli i think "i love this, this is so good! Why haven't i eaten tomatoes and broccoli raw before?". I'm also noticing i don't waste food as much, i eat entire apples except the seeds and stem, i eat the skin of the kiwi (which is supposed to be really good for you) I eat 100% a strawberry, before i would always cut the tops off. I'm also experiencing much more vivid dreams!

• To plzdontcookme,

You might try reading angela stokes book I think its "raw emotions" ... but I am not 100% sure. I haven't read it yet, but I have read matt monarchs books and those go into some detail about emotional eating and what raw can do and what not. Angela is Matts wife and so I am sure hers would be really helpful. She also might talk about it on YouTube too so search for her ... & search "rawsynergytv" on youtube because this girl (not angela) talks about not going back to cooked foods and what to tell yourself and helps you stay motivated I love all her videos... However, she is doing 80-10-10 so it might be different for you if youre not doing that. I hope this helps I know how difficult these changes can be, but trust me you'll get it all figured out! Congrats on the weight loss by the way that's awesome! I was raw vegan all through 2007 then fall 2008 I went to live in the south of france to study and gained.... 27 lbs.... wow. I am raw (mainly 80-10-10) and have lost 30 lbs since I got back from Europe. I am a lot more active on 80-10-10 and eating all that juicy fruit helps me emotionally and gives me energy to do loads of cardio daily! Have a great day!! : ]

• To BrunetteKet,

Thank you sooo much for your book and youtube recommendations. I really appreciate it :) I'll definitely check those out soon. Congrats on losing those 30 pounds, too :) I definitely need to check out 80-10-10 and see if it will work for me. This is a dumb question, but are green smoothies okay on it or is everything basically yummy juicy fruit mono meals? Anyway, thank you again and hope you have a wonderful day :)

• Thanks girl!! No question is a dumb question!! I think that mono meals are best, but if I don't feel like I've had adequate amounts of greens I will make a smoothie.. some of mine are complex that are on my blog, but usually I don't have the time to make those .. it usually takes like 30 minutes. Its easier to peel 7 bananas and call it a day hehe. I am not sure what is okay and what isn't... I am not the one to ask :-/ but I would say to just do what your body feels and listen to it.. if it wants a green smoothie, give it one :D

Haha, I agree: I'm just too lazy to make smoothies! But green smoothie are definitely okay on 80/10/10. A very tasty one is 3 bananas, 2 cups blueberries, and 1 handful of romaine. I also really like the banana-strawberry-mint combo. :)

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com/blog

• To BrunetteKet,

I just wanted to say thank you again for your help and encouragement :) Those rawsynergytv youtube vids are really inspiring and helpful. I definitely need to cut back on the avos and read more about 80-10-10. The only way I can choke down the hardcore greens and sprouts (collards, arugula, klale, chard, broccoli sprouts, dandelion greens) is to throw them in a green smoothie :)

To swayze, I can't say goodbye to my green smoothies, so it's good to know they're okay on 80-10-10. Thank you for letting me know that.

Anyway, thank you both again for helping me. I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend :)

• Okay so it snowed and classes were canceled and soooo I read all of 80/10/10 by dr. douglas graham. I would realllllly suggest buying that book! Mine is highlighted and color coded for specific loved ones of mine... so for instance any information that would apply to my mom i highlighted pink, dad=green, grandad=blue, boyfriend=yellow and so on... then I had them the book and I say "READ EVERYTHING THAT IS HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW" so itll hit more to home for the individual lol. I am going to put some of the main points up on my blog once my dad is done reading it... I highlighted a lot for him!

basically he doesn't talk about smoothies however he does blend different things together for "soups" and what not so I think a simple .. easy to digest smoothie would be okay ... he doesn't like the though of oils of superfoods like spirulina or coconut butter/oils. His book is very good .. it makes so much sense on why we.. humans.. should be raw vegan and eat a diet consisting of 80% carbs, 10% fat, 10% protein! Heres my blog just in case .. I don't check this too much obviously :-/

www.myreallyrawlife.blogspot.com

I am logging my daily intake and activity now on my blog :D

That's a cute idea, BrunetteKet! Let us know how your loved ones like the book! :)

Swayze

• So far my dad loves it and I've almost got him vegan... He ate toast this morning but had bananas and strawberries and oatmeal. At least he is eating breakfast... hes in awful health has smoked his whole life .. drank.. worked non stop and barely slept.. drinks diet cokes and would only eat one meal a day usually fast food. He hasn't had any health issues like cancer or heart disease and now I've got him almost vegan drinking water and exercising!! 1 down like 7 to go haha.. wish me luck :) He will go through spurts like this were he will stop smoking and be healthy but always goes back because he doesn't really know how to grocery shop or anything like that.. he never has had to but I plan on making as many meals as I can for him and try to keep him motivated and get more active with my loved ones.. Sorry sometimes when i respond to this and leave comments I just write a giant sentence bc I get going lol. Have a great day!!

oh and i got my boy friend to go vegan until easter.. so maybe he will continue on after wards!

www.myreallyrawlife.blogspot.com

That's awesome! My Mom is actually vegan now (after reading Eating Animals) and my Dad only eats meat if they go out to eat. It's pretty amazing. :)

Swayze

• Hi all I hail from South Africa,East London and have made the decision to go raw and i'm just looking for support and information.this site looks awesome.

• Hello!!

I am currently a vegan and would like to go raw and am trying to find as much information to help before I start! I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting with all of you. ^_^

xo

sara