soaked nuts=gross

Hello everyone! I really would love your help. I've had soaked almonds and pecans before that were delicious, but whenever I try to do it myself, they taste weird and are ...rubbery i guess is the right word. I usually put some in a bowl and soak them over night then lay them out to dry. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• i think you might be soaking them a bit to long? im not 100% sure though

• I find that over night is usually too long. This might be a long shot, but do you alkalize your water? I notice a huge difference in the time it takes to soak nuts depending on the pH of the water (higher pH soaks faster.)

Many people dehydrate their nuts after soaking them to make them crunchy. This will solve your texture issues if you don't do this already.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

it's definitely how long you are soaking them. i usually soak mine 4 hours and then dehydrate them until they are crunchy again.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yeah, I soaked my almonds too long and they were a bit strange. I always dehydrate mine too to get back the crunch.

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Ditto for me, I only soak nuts overnight if I'm going to be making them into a nut butter the next day. Otherwise about 4-6 hours is my normal soak time.