Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

30 days raw in November

2»

Comments

• detox / cravings have been so bad... I think I'm going to try to fast a few days to get jump started.

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Vegaddict, i was dreaming about peanut butter yesterday so much...specifically choc pb ice cream! ps i love love your profile pic, so darling.

*Day 5*

banana

cup of grapes

2 c pineapple

1/2 cucumber & 1/2 orange pepper w/ raw 'ranch' dressing

c of applesauce

2 apples

raw ice cream for dinner & mejdool dates

• thanks Kitty! I love Audrey Hepburn :)

day 6

breakfast: 2 apples, banana

snack: larabar

lunch: apple, carrots w/ hummus, banana, a few grapes

snack: a couple strawberries and 2 handfuls dried fruit

dinner: green smoothie! (highlight of my day lol) 2 bananas, 1/2 c. soy milk, lotsa spinach

dessert: 3 raw cookies

nom nom nom

• teacupteacup Raw Newbie

by chance i've been high raw since nov. 1st, a friend and i decided to do it for a week. i hadn't even realized it coincided with the first of the month! i'm loving it.

so today i've eaten

1 banana

1 red pear ( my favorite thing ever right now)

3 raw honey mint patties

green smoothie 1 - coconut water, spinach, ginger, peaches, bananas, kiwis

green smoothie 2 - coconut water, spinach, ginger, blueberries, bananas

salad - spinach, 1/4th avocado, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, cucumber, carrots, edamame, sunflower&pumpkin seeds w/ 12 tribes parsley dressing (garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, acv)

maybe some more later?

that's all so far!!!

oh yeah, i'm still drinking coffee, but it's 100% organic fair trade from a semi-local coffee co-op. with raw honey and hemp milk. mmmmmmmmm. i suppose if i can't (don't want) to kick the addiction, i may as well drink it best way i know how.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

today has been a delicious day- foodwise and outside. it's absolutely breathing. there's a chill, but i could still wear my cycling shorts and be completely content.

meal 1- smoothie of 5 bananas and about 7 crappy crunchy dates

meal 2- smoothie of 2 bananas and 2 cups grapes

exercise- 1 hour elliptical, 30 minutes abs, and 10 minutes stretching

meal 3- huge salad of half head of iceberg, 6 cups baby spinach, 2 cups spaghetti squash, 2 tomatoes, some onion, a few sundried tomatoes, olive oil, and sea salt

meal 4- smoothie of 2 bananas, 2 cups of grapes, and about 6 cups of baby spinach

i've noticed that every season is BANANA season!!!! loves it!

• teacupteacup Raw Newbie

hmm. another pear an apple and 10 dates too.

• day 7

breakfast: 2 apples (macintosh and honeycrisp) w/ cacao sauce

snack: banana, 3 raw "no bake" cookies

lunch: huge veg salad of carrots, spinach, cucs, and yellow pepper w/ lemon juice, 2 c pineapple

snack: plum, 5 dates

lunch: carrots, green smoothie (2 bananas, 1 c. soy milk, a TON of spinach) and 2 more plums

I'm glad my "cookies" are finally gone, haha... they were addictive!

cheers

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

vegaddict, i saw you post in another forum you were from chicago! I live in northwest suburbs. Nice to see others from the area!

my weekend was all screwed up..i am not posting for those days, lol. Except on saturday we were driving to visit my parents in the country and passed a farmers market..with big sign 'Last weekend, everything 1/2 off!!' Turned our car around and i was in heaven! I got 1/2 bushel of apples ..honeycrisps the size of my head..and tons of squash. Best day of my life EVER! haha

Day 9

2 very large smoothies - bananas, frozen berries, stevia, cinnamon, vitamineral green

3 apples

2 c grapes

dinner is going to be butternut squash and mixed veggies...medjool date for dessert. yum yum

• Kitty- Woo Illinois! hahaha :)

day 10

breakfast: 2 BIG apples w/ lots of cinnamon

snack: banana bread larabar

lunch: big veg salad w/ raisins, 3 small plums, 1 medium banana

snack: (planned) granny smith apple or two w/ loads of cinnamon (I can't get enough these days!!)

dinner: (planned) big veg salad w/ more raisins, 2 oranges, banana

• I'm back!

Work is so tough at the moment, I can't wait until I can just SLEEP again and play with my little boy, without the thought of having more work again, as soon as I can get to it.

breakfast - fast

lunch - personal size watermelon (disappointing!! - i give up on watermelons this time of year)

dinner - raw veggie soup (2.5 tomatoes, 2 zucchini, 3 stalks celery, 1 shallot, fresh basil and oregano, spinach)

• Day 11

breakfast: 2 apples w/ cacao sauce

snack: banana

lunch: big veg salad w/ raisins, banana, 2 plums

snack: larabar

dinner: green smoothie (2 bananas, 1 c. soy milk, spinach), 1 apple w/ cinnamon

snack: orange, 1/4 c. almonds/walnuts

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

You guys are all doing great!

I've been juicing now for 14 days, so i've managed to be all raw for all of november so far :) I don't plan on being anything but...

For a very, very simple and easy salad dressing, I like some of the following:

1 Cucumber, a handful of fresh dill (or more, I like more!), 1 small clove of garlic, a chunk of sweet onion. Blend. You can thicken it with a hundful of pine nuts or macadamia's or a tablespoon of mellow white miso.

1 Red Pepper, sesame seeds (I like to use sesame oil, but if your not doing oil, just use the seeds), dash of cayenne. Blend. You can thicken it with more seeds or some miso.

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

DAY 11

smoothie of banana, almond milk, cocoa powder, vitamineral

lunch was a salad of greens, cuc, tomato, red onion

I started to feel very nausheas yesterday afternoon, to the point nothing sounded good at all, i dont know if i am detoxing? I started craving something starchy last night, but i think that was only because when you feel sick to your stomach, bread or crackers sounds so good. We had to go out to dinner with family to a chinese place, i ordered a side of brown rice and i ate that. This morning, still nausheas, and headachey. Just drinking ginger mint tea :( Anyone else with this experience? I've been high raw for about 3 wks now. Im not sure if i should be forcing myself to eat fruit/green smoothies. Hope it passes soon...

• I've been back on track the last few days. Eating fruit as much as I want during the day in four or five meals. Sometimes I don't have time to make green smoothies or blended salads and I end up eating just a lot of fruit. (I do want to make an effort to get in my greens!) I've been eating much more than I would if I had planned it out, but my weight has been dropping. So that's a nice change. It's just nice that I can relax and just eat fruit to my heart's content without worrying that my weight will go UP. Nice to let go........

• I'm still here... Still eating lots of fruit plus about 1/2 to 1 pound of greens per day. :) Going much better now, for some reason than when I tried to start out beginning of this month. I've been much more able to just eat fruit as much as I want without planning too much or counting calories. For me that is an achievement. I've been really digging on the persimmons these days.

non-organic certified persimmons are so cheap ($.079/lb), I've been getting those, since I peel them anyways, and I read that the persimmon tree is very hardy... I can't find much information though on whether persimmons are heavily sprayed or not. Organic would be $3.00/lb. :/ Anybody have the lowdown on persimmons?

• yoohoo, anyone still there? Anyways, I should be on my nineteenth day of raw, but it didn't happen that way, and instead this is my 9th day of raw. I really feel it's starting to get easier for me now though. Right now, doing a persimmon island :) It's okay to post if you've gotten off track this month... ;)