Storing big greens...

coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Wondering if anyone out there has any creative ideas or tips for storing the larger greens like collards and what not. I always try to have some large greens on hand for making wraps and what not, but they are just such a pain in the butt to store in the fridge cause they’re so big! Right now I just double bag them cause that seems to be the only thing I can think of. I wish I had a long container that I could store them in! Right now I just wash and clean them as I go :-/ I’m sure someone out there has got a better system for managing their greens!!!

Comments

• I store the majority of my produce is these green produce bags. I found them at Whole Foods and they have them in 3 different sizes. Also, they do a great job in keeping the produce from going bad as quickly.

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

hi coconutty…I’ve not tried this product, but a woman who’s currently losing tons of weight living on green smoothies had these salad bags listed among some of her favorite prep items http://silvermk.com/products.cfm scroll down to salad bags….not sure if these are similar to what you use, little one?

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Maybe I’ll have to search around for some of those bags. Hopefully I can find some big enough to hold the collards! The bags I keep them in right now are the bags I buy them in!!! Which of course aren’t big enough once you unwrap the big bundle of greens!