Loss of Appetite/Fruit Cravings?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a loss of appetite while going raw (I've been 80-90% raw for almost a year). Perhaps its not so much a loss of appetite, but rather I am just more interested in eating fruits than vegetables these days. I'm quite content with green smoothies though! Anyone else had the same experience? Should I just go with it? I know its silly, but I always have that concern about eating too much fruit (sugar), even though its super good for you!!

Comments

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Maybe it's just a phase you're going through. I tend to have periods where I want diffrent things. At the moment, I'm not really into salads when I used to love them. I'm craving more fruit at the moment and also nuts/seeds/grains. I've decided to go with this and see what happens. It's winter at the moment so I'm sure this is why my tastes are changing. Once the weather gets warmer, I'm sure I'll be loving my salads/greens again.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I go through periods when I only want to eat certain things. I really love salads, but I went about a month without eating them, because I just didn't feel like it. This week I've just started eating more greens again. I can go a whole day eating only melon and I've been eating grapes for lunch everyday for about 2 months. I'm also craving more nuts and seeds, whereas I never used to eat them before.

I think that you should eat what your body is telling you to eat. I find that if I crave a certain type of food (eg. nuts) and I eat other stuff, then I try to satisfy that craving by eating more and more until it's gone, and end up eating the nuts anyway. Meanwhile it would have been such simpler to have just eaten the nuts in the first place.