Feeling strange

Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I think around 1.5 months ago I posted saying I have been extremely averse to the taste of greens, sprouts etc, and all I want is just mono fruit. This is strange: it hasn’t changed! I still don’t want greens (though at times I can stomach them) and sprouts make me gag. I used to love sprouts, I could eat broccoli sprouts alone, with a fork. Now all I want is fruit, not only sweet but also tomatoes, though non-organic ones make me feel sick. Lately I haven’t had any appetite at all, I don’t want anything most of the time. My stomach still feels hunger pangs but they don’t feel real and I don’t want to eat. All I can stomach is smoothies and fruit, and even those are sometimes too “heavy”. This is a little worrying because I have been losing weight again and am already a little underweight. I was thinking maybe if I fasted, my body will get the rest it wants and I will be able to go back to normal. Does that sound right? I can’t juice fast as I don’t have a juicer and water fasting scares me a little because I get hypoglycemic. Would a mono-grapefruit be considered a fast, would that be beneficial at all? Thank you if you had the patience to read all this :c)))

Comments

• I’ve had similar experiences and fasting has helped to balance me out. I’ve only done water fasts but I imagine a grapefruit one would have similar results.

JAmes

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

My nutritionist recently posted information about how to do a watermelon cleanse. She gives instructions on juicing using a blender as well. I have been hypoglycemic as well (most of this has gone away with raw food) and have found watermelon to be a wonderful drink in that it isn’t as sugary as other fruits.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

get a juicer. i think a base of carrot juice is best and then start to slowly add green in. if you are hypoglycemic, carrot is great because it has a good amount of carbs and sugars, to keep you from going hypo. (i’m a type 1 diabetic-so i deal with going hypo on an almost daily basis) also make sure you eat something every 2 to 3 hours.

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

kandace- where can I find instructions fo rjuicing using a blender? thanks.

• I hope this will not alarm you or annoy you, Morning_Theft, but you described to letter the way I felt when I first became pregnant. I lived off of fruit for four months and would feel almost angry when someone offered me something else.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

The juicing instructions are Dr. Ariel’s blog. She posts here and there about cleanses, etc. In the post about watermelon cleanses, she goes over juicing in a blender, if need be.

Place watermelon in blender. Blend well. Use a cheese cloth or nut milk bag to strain the watermelon.

http://doctorariel.blogspot.com/2007/08/waterme…

I haven’t actually done a watermelon juice fast, but I do like to make a watermelon cooler at least once a day during any juice fast.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I did a watermelon fast recently that lasted for three days (as long as the watermelons did). It was amazing how much it cleansed me. I ate the seeds. Watermelon is good for the liver and kidneys. I had edema and the watermelon flushes out the uric acid that can cause it. The next time I do this, I’m going to juice the whole thing in the blender.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

sabriya, you just made me swear loudly, but not in anger or annoyance… Thanks for the tip, I’m not sure if I should be worried about that but I’ll look into that, thank you :c) As far as the watermelon cleanse, whenever I make watermelon juice it makes my stomach VERY sick, one time I threw up everything I put in, still red and everything :c) Now sure why that happens, but I am not overly drawn to it at the moment. Thank you for that idea though!

• Morning_theft,

You’re telling my story. I posted about it in another thread. http://www.goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/1293 I do find myself only really wanting the sweet things. Are you craving bread? Today I didn’t eat much. It’s weird. I’ll lose my appetite during the day and then all of a sudden the hunger hits. But I still don’t want to eat. I’ve been forcing myself to eat because I’m trying to lose weight and I don’t want my weight loss to stall. Although, I have been losing weight steadily. It’s good to know I’m not the only one.Maybe I’ll try some juices too. Morning_theft, I don’t want to make you swear again but(throwing up watermelon?) you sound prego.

• Try eating oranges—I remember reading somewhere that craving sweets may mean you need more calcium. Good luck!!!

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Rawspring, lol, I told my husband the theory of why I feel this way, and he said “you’d better not be, I mean it” tee hee. Seriously, I doubt it. I don’t even know if it’s possible. Anyway, this is the second day I’ve had nothing but grapefruit. So far, I’ve been craving nothing but grapefruit like mad. I felt like garbage this morning but started feeling much better in the evening, despite being at work and way too active. I’ll try going for a week but if it gets too hard I’ll just stop, no need to be excessive. Wish me luck! Thank you all :c))

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i read something about raw foods, and it said that after being raw for a while, your body will naturally gravitate towards fruit. i noticed in about my third week of being raw. my diet is also fruit heavy. i manage to eat a big salad every couple of days, but it doesn’t appeal to me as it used to. i’ve been adding a teaspoon of spirulina to my fruit smooties. also wheat grass juice is amazing! i think i read that one ounce is equal to 10 lbs of vegetable!! you can get a manual crank wheatgrass juicer on ebay for about $20-30 and grow the grass at home.

• Morning_theft, my husband said the same thing with our son. I didn’t think it was possible either. Funny how that happens :) Maybe you can take a test to rule that out if you still feel bad in a week or so. I remember when I was pregnant with my son, all I wanted was fruit. Could be detox, though since you are eating mostly raw.