Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Thanksgiving Meals!

I'd love to see what everyone is preparing. Post pictures and descriptions of the dishes you're making/have made if you can. I will do so too tomorrow after everything's finished. My plans are:

Mock Turkey Sandwich

Brazil Nut Stuffed Mushies

Cheesy Broccoli Casserole

Stuffing

Cranberry Sauce

Maybe: Avocado "Deviled Eggs", Mushroom Gravy, Ginger Salad

All of these are adaptations of things I remember my mom making for Thanksgiving growing up. : ) Very excited :D

Also, sorry if there are any similar threads around. I didn't see one, but I expected there to be a few.

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

well, i tried my hand at a raw pumpkin pie tonight and it was one of the grossest things i've ever put in my mouth!!! ahahaha i threw the whole thing away and i'm kind of sad because it cost a lost of money. other than that....

mock turkey loaf

parsnip mashed potatoes

mushroom gravy

a pie- i have the crust still from the pumpkin pie so i'm just going to make something up tomorrow. seems that you can't always count on recipes.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Im making ...

portobello mushrooms "steaks" (read my other thread if you have any suggestions on how to fix them!), cauliflower mashed potatoes

oatmeal raisin cookies

sweet potato soup

a small side salad

i've made everything already!! i woke up at 5 am cuz i have the worst cold and can't sleep. the mock turkey loaf is insanely good. i'm so pleased with how it turned out. the parsnip mashed potatoes are okay. i thought they'd be better since everyone raved about them, but i'm bringing them nonetheless.

for the pie, i used a pumpkin seed, cashew, and date crust. i sliced mango on top of that and made a puree of raspberries and dates to go on the mango. i topped that with turkey-shaped mango slices!!! it looks so beautiful and i hope it turns out good.

• I actually made the pine nut parsnip mashed potatoes yesterday, and I found that adding some nutritional yeast and black pepper along with a bit of sweetener made them much better.

alexa, thanks for the tip! i do have some pepper (no nooch though) and dates so maybe i'll add that. i garnished with some paprika and chives- it looks cute!! haha

• Oh, I almost forgot- I added a bit of cauliflower for the texture too.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

For thanksgiving, I had a chopped salad and pumpkin pie

• HAPPY AMERICAN THANKSGIVING!

for thanksgiving supper today, i'm happily eating 3 cantalope. i'm almost done them now, but i'll fix that. =D

everyone at thanksgiving went nuts over the parsnip mashed potatoes!! i have to say that after it sat for a while, the flavors were better. it reminded me of a tangy hummus.

i ended up eating the appetizers like roasted red peppers, artichokes, olives, and raw veggies with the parsnip mashed and turkey loaf. it was very good!

• http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5255/thanksgivingdinner.jpg

: ) Turned out great. In order: Stuffing, Stuffed Mushrooms, Turkey Sandwich, Cheesy Broccoli Casserole, Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes.

alexa that looks incredible! you are so talented!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Alexa, that looks amazing. I'd love to have been for dinner that your house!

• I went to my bf's parents' house for Tday, my first time meeting them, so I wanted to impress with my dinner more than I normally would do just for myself. I made;

Almond Ricotta (everyone loved it)

Cranberry-Orange-Persimmon Relish

Punkin Pie (of course) with Cream Whip

A big-ass salad for myself... dandelion greens, kale, avo, tahini dressing, sprouts, sprouted bean mix, punkin seeds... it was a really quick salad so I didn't put everything on there I wanted :P

Of course everyone loved everything, even though I'm the only raw foodist here and there's one other vegetarian who came...

Saphira your menu sounds amazing. What was in your almond ricotta?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I had super duper special healthy 8 c. of blueberries, 5 c. raspberries, and an apple. Delicious!

• Thanks! I worked a long time on it. Enjoying leftovers now. Superfood, I think I may do something similar next year- I'll probably feel much better afterwards : )

• Skinned sprouted almonds, basil, Bragg's, Apple Cider Vinegar, water, and this last batch I put some of those yougurt-y creatures in there... the things that live in yogurt. It was a quick cheese, not a hang-overnight cheese. That stuff goes quick in my house full of SADist and non-veggies... everyone seems to like the ricotta :)

saphira that cheese sounds really simple and delicious! What are the "creature-y" things your talking about? Probiotics or something?

• I think that was it... some random jar of culture one of my roommates had stashed in the fridge... but I made it without the creatures first a few weeks before and it was just as tasty, I just added the powder to give it more nutritional boost :)