larabar addiction!

okay, larabars are about the yummiest thing i’ve tasted since going raw, but i can’t stop eating them!! does anyone have a recipe for something similar?

Comments

• Try the lemon cookies (on the home page here and also under desserts). It apparently tastes like a homemade larabar, and you can play with different flavors.

• I found these recipes a while ago – they’re exactly the same as the Larabar.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread…

Both my boyfriend and I have a Larabar addiction. We buy them by the box.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

http://bunnyfoot.blogspot.com/2006/02/homemade-...

I love Larabars. I get them at www.fitfuel.com for less than health food stores, even with shipping. I have a box of cinnamon roll and a box of cherry pie bars on my kitchen shelf. The first time I bought them, I ate four in one day. I got a mixed variety and I wanted to taste them all! I don’t eat them as often now, but I still love them.

• I don’t see why people find them so ‘yummy’. They are composed of only dates and nuts. If you are attracted to the sweet taste then eat only dates, if it’s the fat and rich texture then eat the nuts (in moderation). It’s not adviseable to eat them together. Your body will have a heck of a hard time to digest them together.

I stopped buying them when I realized that I like the sweet taste, so now I buy fresh dates and my stomach is much happier. I also do not need to worry about the high fat content.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I used to eat them because they are a convenient snack to take to work, besides tasting so good.

• I am so on board with you guys. These things rock my world. I am new to raw, and I think they have helped make the transition smoother, especially in social situations where everyone is eating cookies or junk, I can eat a Larabar and then not feel deprived. I accept that they may not be a proper food combination, but since I am new to this, I see myself like a child finding my way. Who knows, I may not always eat these bars as much, but let’s face it, when we look back over our life of raw food, we aren’t gonna say, “Wow, I wish I had not eaten those Larabars!”

• Oh my god, I love the jocolat chocolate mint flavor. LOVE it. The ingredients listed are Organic Dates, Organic Almonds, Organic Cocoa Mass, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic Vanilla Flavor and Organic Peppermint Flavor. I just got some vanilla beans delivered (YEY!) and when my cocao comes in I’m going to totally try this out. If I make a winning recipe I will post for all to share :) I’m thinking once I figure out that they are a trouble to make I’ll be able to cut down but for right now, ohmygosh i love them.

123 – thanks for the link! I like that they have the variety boxes. I buy mine from http://www.vitacost.com/HummFoods which has cheaper prices but not the variety boxes.

• Organic Cocoa Mass, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic Vanilla Flavor and Organic Peppermint Flavor.

I was just wondering what these ingredients really are? Cocoa mass? What is that? A mass of cocoa? Doesn’t sound very yummy to me. You also really have to wonder what ‘flavor’ is actually made of. I know in the non-raw world if you see the word flavor on a package it’s probably something like insect guts or something like that. The word flavor or color is often used to hide ingredients that the manufacturer doesn’t want to disclose.

• That’s why I’m gonna attempt to make these in my science lab / kitchen :D Organic vanilla flavor will be regular vanilla bean, cocoa mass will be cocao nibs, peppermint flavor will be fresh peppermint ;p

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Cocoa Mass, I believe, is the “meat” of the cocoa bean. It’s not raw, they say that in the faq part of their website, and all the chocolate Larabars, like, the entire jocolat series are not 100% raw and not a good idea if you care about that.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

hehehe, i’m glad i’m not the only one!! i think they are great as a meal substitute. they definately jack my bood sugar up! but i like the fact that there are no grains in them, no fillers, just fruit and nut.