Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw food buzz!

I am going to burst if I don't share how good I feel after eating an entire bowl of Kale salad a la Alissa Cohen. WOW!!! I have been eating more cooked food lately as a result of Thanksgiving. I have my daily smoothie, and today decided to have a big kale salad after hearing about the merits of a big salad from Elena Love on an interview with Revvel on Rawkin' Radio (love this raw podcast). I ate it - the WHOLE thing, and every cell is singing in my body. It's like having an internal massage! I had to share! I am in heaven. Feeling SOOO good. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this feeling... I am sure you have after eating a raw meal. And what did you eat that made you feel that way?

Comments

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

Raw sushi on April 8th of this year... my journal from the day reads:

"I think I had my first raw high tonight. I feel like I'm on drugs... like I'm outside of my body, like I could run a marathon, like my body just might be subject to spontaneous combustion, like my world is spinning out of control."

The combo of early morning body-brushing, green juice, and sitting in the sun for about 30 minutes will also leave you feeling buzzed out of your mind! Who needs booze when you have fruits and veggies?

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I did when I had my first shot of wheatgrass juice & a juice feast on Saturday afternoon. It felt like all me cells were dancing in my body & I could have run a marathon because I had so much energy!

• that is awesome, Indysay! i got a memorable buzz recently after eating a bowl of mango pudding (a puree of mango and soaked dates). i was tingling with bliss all night. love it when my body thanks me for giving it the good stuff.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Smoothie with enough Spirulina that it turns to a glass of swamp. It feels GOOOOOOOOOOD. "Singing cells", is definitely the way to put it. Also if I have dark green juice on a fairly empty stomache. Or a Goji-Cacao shake. "Sheer liquid wonderment". haha

• The first green juice with kale, lemon, cucumber, asparagus, etc, ie, the WORKS, I had this year was had lying out on the lawn looking at the blue sky through the leaves of the apple tree in my garden. Every cell in my body felt so shining and clean. As I looked up, I could see every vein in every leaf and I felt tuned in to the little blackbird's song. That moment was complete and utter bliss.....

• Yes, I know exactly how you feel! I feel that way every time I drink a green smoothie...a delicious, blissful, amazing experience full of love and dancing on stars.....