Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How to add...ummmm...bulk?

AVLAVL Raw Newbie

This is kind of a personal question, but since becoming high raw my BM have been quite soft, almost like diarrhea at times. When I go for colonics, the therapist is always amazed to see how liquid everything is. She always tells me that I need to eat more "bulking foods" like potatoes, rice, and bread in order for my poo to have some shape to it. But I don't want to eat all these starches and I feel so much better when I eat a low fat, high fruit diet. But I must admit, that I would like my BM to be a little firmer. Do any of you experience the same thing (in terms of having really soft BM)? Any suggestions on of to bulk them up?

Comments

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

Fiber supplements will help, try a good quality organic (very important) psyllum fiber, that will certainly make bulk and make your stools more formed.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

hi avl! bananas or other less juicy fruits will add more bulk. if you're eating a lot of juicy fruits or juices right now it's normal to have soft bms like that. if you feel good then there's no reason to worry.

• I always find that raw corn bulks it up for me:) those little kernals nearly always come out undigested...I dunno if that's really a good thing or not...

Oh, and ground up flax seeds have been working for me. I know exactly waht you mean by almost diarrhea when you're eating high-raw...it's kind of scary

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll try to get some psyllium fiber, since my colonic therapist also suggested it. I'm starting to eat more bananas, but I still love my melon and grapes!

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Trying doing more exercise on a consistent basis. This is another factor in allowing your body to do all of its functions like it should. Weak body = poor functionality, strong body = strong functionality

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

I had similar problems. I excercised everyday, and ate plenty of bananas. It seemed to work its self out though eventually, after I started to eat way more bananas and pears.

edit : I also wanted to add that when it was like this for me i was pretty strict with foob combining, im not as strict anymore. Also are you considering raw oat groats or maybe lentils in order to "bulk" up your meal? Is it just that you want to avoid all starches/grains cooked, or all of them in general?

• Similar issues, but for me I think it's candida, nothing else (except the psyllium) worked!

• -figs

-dates

-bananas

-papayas

-nuts (but not too much of any of these!)