Swishing with blended greens?

Ok this might be a ridiculous question but I was actually laying awake last night thinking about this!! o_O

If I blended some greens and swished with them, would they help with gum health?

I have noticed my gums are receding a little in certain areas and I want to reverse it if possible.

Also, if this is a crazy idea and someone has a tip that works, you can tell me that too! :D

Thank yoooou!

Comments

• Raw PassionRaw Passion Raw Newbie

If I'm honest I don't think anything could help as much as simply eating the greens. 'Swishing' with them is not really taking in their nutrients. Drinking them will help strengthen teeth and gums.

I'd try a organic, plant based toothpaste and mouthwash. I'm not sure what country you're from, but in the UK I would say 'Green People' is the best! Plant extracts, in my opinion, are good for gargling and brushing with because most are antiseptic and can get to the problem (I can think of a technical term) simply by going over the surface. They seem to absorb better.

Example, when you put tea-tree on spots, you dont need to drink it. It goes on superficially. Essential oils are obsorbed into cells easier and can go straight to the problem. Warning; don't gargle or injest undilluted essential oils, buy a real product!

• Look into oil pulling (www.oilpulling.com). Besides providing oral benefits, it is supposed to help many other health issues.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I second oil pulling--I feel like it really does help my oral health.

However, I think swishing with blended greens is probably also good for your gums, since chlorophyll is a great cleanser. It would probably be especially great after eating fruit or anything acidic, as the blended greens are probably alkaline and can help neutralize the acidity from the food, which should help your gums. Of course, you can swallow the greens after swishing as Raw Passion suggests, which would be the best of both worlds.

Taking good care of your teeth with brushing and flossing is also a good idea :)